• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HVK/moisture measurements in Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HVK/moisture measurements in Wheat

WD9;

When I hauled my wheat state side... 3CWRS was 60% HVK and 14.5 moisture was 13.5. Px was often over 1% higher than Canadian measurements.

A year and a half the CHeif grain inspector said he would have the moisture system in Canada harmonised with the US.

What happened?

He is no longer cheif inspector.

Is this the Canadian way... we will ignore the US system atributes that set the standard for world trade... and loose value for growers because neither the CGC nor the CWB have a personal investment... these two being our marketers.

If these two don't create value... why should we support them?

The Western grain standards wheat sub-committee meetings are coming up soon, maybe they can talk about it there. If anyone on that committee is still on???? Dennis Stephens is the new Chief, will chat with him for sure.

Have you found this only at 1 customer or at several. I find a difference between even a few elevators; especially on protein.

Oilseeds committee is coming up soon too if anyone has canola or flax grading issues I'd sure like to here about them. Grading determines value and is important so I think it's a fit for this forum. Concerns?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...