• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberals Propose changes to CAIS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agstar77;

Perhaps the CWB could start issuing export licenses to grain growers in the "designated area" like they do for any other grain grower in Canada.

Since the CWB must maintain the price inside and outside Canada the same under NAFTA... obviously there is no pecuniary benefit enuring the "designated area" grower applicant.... just the same as in the rest of Canada.

Plus,

The CWB Act requires any benefit to go to the Receiver for Canada... not the pooling accounts.

I couldn't agree more Agstar77 two wrongs don't make what the CWB is doing right!

Seed wheat and barley, Manufactured feed with wheat and barley... the list goes on and on... of how the CWB ignores reality and issues (or declines to issue) licenses in the "designated area" in an arbitary and illegal manner!

It is ironic how the liberals now "see the light" and are copying the Conservative election promises... after they themselves wrecked our programs. Amazing.

Comment

Adam smith Letters were supposed to be sent to the nfu office and they would fax them to govt mps.They didn't write my letter .

Comment

Katoe, how many actual farmer members does the NFU have?

Comment

Katoe;

Why on earth wouldn't you send your letter to your MP, and other interested persons yourself?

Especially when you know this Ag Minister is not listening to the NFU?

You have to have known it is 10 times more effective sent from you directly in gov. circles!

Comment

Ok, Katoe they didn’t write your letter, but they organized the blitz. Same thing different pile. Smart people recognize the difference between something that’s been manufactured and a genuine groundswell of public opinion.

The CWB are masters at manufacturing public and farmer support. They buy opinion writers, they snooker leftward leaning farm groups, they bully opponents and demonize their biggest customers and accredited agent partners. They manipulate the CWB permit book holders/voters list to the extreme that Joe Volpe can only look on in awe. They buy University professors and tell them what they want their so called studies to conclude. They tell you, it’s black when they know that it’s white. (Phil Collins lyrics)

What absolutely amazes me is the fact that the NFU and the NDP support such devious and immoral behavior from anyone. It’s impossible to take those two seriously when they don’t stand on principle only political philosophy and the political philosophy of extinguishing the free market is the only thing that seems to matter to the NFU/NDP.

IMO the NFU are the ones who should have been the CWB’s biggest critics because the CWB are the ones holding the collectivist standard and they’re number one goal should have been to make sure that standard wasn’t tainted. Yet the NFU have been complicit in the free fall of standards at 423 Main.

Again, IMO we need to put this version of the CWB safely into the archives and start fresh with a voluntary farmer marketing agency, that may not have 100% of the market share but they will have the farmers trust and the integrity to respect that trust. And if the NFU had any sense at all they would realize that that would so much more valuable to farmers than what the CWB are now.

Comment

sorry again for the typo's.

Should read "...that would be so much more valuable to farmers than what the CWB have become now."

Comment

So A.S. with your belief in conspiracies, how do stand on JFK and 9/11? L.W.T.

Comment

Hey can't say I tried to offer you guys some constuctive advice. Oh well it's your funeral. Did you read the part about snookering leftward leaning farm groups, you prove my point.

Comment

Crap, I really need to give proof reading a try.

should have read "... can'y say I DIDN'T try..."

Comment

I don't believe left leaning groups have a monopoly on being snookered . I think the right wing is equally as gullible when someone says something they feel inclined to agree with . So don't pat yourself on the back until you can take an unbiased view of the situation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...