• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

harvest progress?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harvest progress?

Hey, am I the only guy stuck with 1 freaking day of combining left? I see a bit of canola here and there but every time the forecast looks good we get more snow. I am just going to go to work and let the neighbor finish for me, sick and tired of this weather.

270 acres left and half my neighbors in the same boat NE of Camrose

Comment

Some neighbours here in the same boat as you. 200-300 acres of canola left to go. We're just SE of Calgary.

Kind of a pissy month for weather so far.

Good luck.

Comment

East of Humboldt a few acres of crop out, mostly canola and barley. Cold, very wet since Sept 16, 7 inches of rain plus 6 inches of wet snow on the 16th. Snow drifts and icy roads like January. The lowspots are full like spring runoff. Any 2006 fallow is half under water. Ditches are running like April.It is a mess out here! Hoping for a dry 2007.

Comment

I find it interesting that all of a sudden reports are coming out that are saying harvest is basically complete. I know in Central Alberta we have not had any harvest weather in the last few weeks and would suggest it may now be difficult for machinery to even get in the field. For those 8% ( many thousands of acres in Saskatchewan and Alberta ) I want to know your secret of harvesting in the rain. While I'm not in that situation( still harvesting) I know the frustration when some pencil pusher tells you your done harvest even when you have had no opportunity to harvest.

Comment

Ron;

Still 250ac of Faba Beans left... but it rains every day!

We have been close to a month with only a couple of days of reasonable weather.

Hopefully next week we will see the rain stop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...