• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWO ways to maybe gain a little more on this rally before you use the fixed price.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWO ways to maybe gain a little more on this rally before you use the fixed price.

These are just a couple ideas use them at your own risk.
    The CWB has their pricing options closing with the daily trading and doesn't take into account the overnight markets. If you are looking at locking in the Fixed price or basis you may take a look at the overnights and get an idea at how the ecbot is doing before you lock. For example I looked at lee's advice yesterday and agreed with him got some more tonnes ready to go and then looked at the overnights which indicated the price climb may continue into today. At the time of posting it has, If it continues to until the close I will revisit things tonight. As well the basis may be worked in reverse a little as the trend has been for the adjustment factor to narrow on down days which may put another buck or two a tonne into the equation the risk there is as we get closer to the Pro next week will this movement on the adjustment factor continue or not.
    Again just a couple things I've been using.

Good point on the over-night trade, WRAPper. Points out again why a little bit of computer literacy and Internet access are absolutely essential to today's farming enterprises.

Comment

Again doesn't always work (lol) or so I see when I come in for lunch.....

Comment

Tried this the other night and got burned. Not saying I won't look at the overnights, but you're right, it's hardly foolproof.

Comment

Of course, nothing is foolproof in anticipating the markets. However, I like the mechanic's toolbox analagy - our shops have lots of tools in the toolbox and we don't use every tool every day or every week or even every year but the tools are there to use if we know how to use them.

Watching overnight trading is one tool in that marketing tool box.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...