• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why so grouchy?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why so grouchy?

Just wondering why everyone is so grouchy? The CWB debate got you down? The rainy cloudy days?

Are there some bright spots in Agriculture that you know of? There has to be at least a few!

Well Ill start it out
    Ethanol and Bio Diesel Big deal but the Conservatives will have a policy by the time its over typical Canada.
    Australian Drought Why doesn't any one just say its a disaster and wheat will be 8 million ton and canola 400 and let the market really run.
    Grain prices are topping. Yes in 1960 3.00 wheat was great also in 1920 3.00 wheat was great but in 2006 it should be 15.00 to match inflation. topping is a joke.
    US price of grain VS Canadian. their around 30% higher with the dollar and yet their the subsidised country and were not but yet their prices are better. HM could it be when you have a base price that's protected when the grain companies phone and are looking for product they have to give a price higher than the guarantee to get the grain but in Canada they just give a lower price because the Canadian farmer is at his wits end and needs the cash to sell.
    Hell farming is grand!

Comment

I agree with you Wd9, it isn't a great picture, but its the best outlook in years. Just look at the savings next year in fuel & fertilizer alone. If I grow the same crop as this year next year, just from diesel, and nitrogen I'll have an extra $85000.00 on my farm. It'll probably freeze next year. But I'm looking foward to it.

Comment

Oilseed crush capacity in Canada is going to double over the next couple of years. This should significantly help with those basis swings by not waiting for trains as much.

Comment

WD9

Which one of Phil Thomas's fall meetings did the canola council highlight a 7 MMT target for canola production/disappearance? Said it in another thread but the most exciting thing for me is an ongoing 8 to 9 mln tonne demand for canola. Add in the qualified health claim, speciality oils/issues around transfats, bio diesel, etc. etc. Better yet, I can work across the whole supply chain and feel good about it. Last but not least, I don't have to listen to discussions about plebiscites, left/right wing, what positions provincial governments take, etc. I can go about the business of creating opportunities and helping farmers/agri-business being successfull at achieving them.

Comment

Charlie, that was in '04 believe it or not when the 7 in 07 (7 mmt consistent S&D by 2007) strategy was released. The goal was reached by 06 especially with the work in Mexico and the US utilization programs. Apparently we didn't set goals high enough, but alas we learn quickly.

At the next Canola Convention the new 2015 strategy will be released and presented. It sets some targets based on much research and can't wait till we can talk about it. I'm sure many will say it is impossible. It is do-able because the whole industry in canola gets together and answers that simple question "Is this what is best for canola?"

It is important the cereals keep having the strife they do - they simply make canola look so good.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...