• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provincial CWB Regulation... Province by Province

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provincial CWB Regulation... Province by Province

Charlie;

I see now that since the CWB market regulations directly affect agriculture, and Agriculture as a Consitutional head in our Country states that Agriculture is a shared Jurisdiction between Provinces and the Federal Government:

Therefore CWB Minister Strahl needs to create an "Order in Council" that entitles individual Provinces to participate in the CWB "single desk".

Since all the Opposition parties in Ottawa have decided that the CWB is SO important to them... it is about time regulations are created to entitle all provinces to decide for themselves... Just like with supply management; whether or not they need CWB marketing services.

Wouldn't this only be fair... since it is the LAW Canada is supposed to be fulfilling?

We wouldn't want to be known as selfish... and keeping all these CWB premiums for just the "designated area" as it now exists!

Would WE?

DOn't we want to SHARE... since all these MP's in Ottawa are totally convinced the CWB is SO good for us... what about for their own people!

Can there be too much of a "good" thing... the CWB "single desk"?

The answer to your last question is NO.

Comment

I would think the only fair way to have a plebicite on the future of the CWB would be to let every province decide?
      It is really not fair at all to impose a state run monopoly on one area while letting other areas choose how they want to operate?
      If Saskatchewan wants a provincial CWB then let them have it? Let the farmers of Alberta decide if they want an Alberta CWB?
      Whats good for Ontario should be good for the rest of the provinces? Are we too dumb to make our own choices, when the Ontario farmer isn't?

Comment

cowman

Would your vote be just permit book holders or would you include all farmers including livestock producers/others who may not have a permit book? If all farmers, how would you engage the livestock industry in the CWB debate?

Tom4cwb - Don't know the answer to your question but an interesting idea.

Comment

Charlie: When you get down to the bottom line I could be back in grain tommorrow if I so chose...and had the money to buy the equipment and break up the land. I have some good land. I chose in 1988 to quit grain farming...although I still do have a permit book...due to the fact I still rent out a small portion of grain land. Not sure why? My Dad never sold any grain through the CWB for 10 years before that date, as he got screwed on a malt barley deal and vowed to never sell the bastards another bushel!
          The fact is this: No one can argue the designated area should be treated differently than the rest of Canada? It just defies every principle of any kind of democracy?
          Farmers in Ontario are praised for being good businessmen...farmers in Alberta and Saskatchewan go to jail! Totally insane?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...