• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actually... A CWB with a death wish...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually... A CWB with a death wish...

Canadian Wheat Board Report
    10/30 on DTN
    "CWB Bulletin October 23, 2006

The Bulletin

Actually

The Hon. Chuck Strahl, minister responsible for the Canadian Wheat Board, has issued instructions to limit voter eligibility in the current CWB elections. The Minister said Oct. 17 in the House of Commons that he had "sent a suggestion to the Wheat Board that only people who actually shipped grain should vote. The Wheat Board agreed with me and said that this was a pretty good idea. "He said in a news release the same day that "the CWB agrees with the government."Actually, the Minister instructed the CWB to make these changes; it was not a "suggestion". Nor was the CWB given any opportunity to express any opinion concerning the merits of the Minister's instruction."

Actually, the CWB minister didn't do an Order to the CWB, had recomendations to do this... and after the instruction is implemented the CWB squalks... NOT BEFORE.

This CWB management team believes they can insult their CWB Minister... and create good will for the future at the same time?
    WD9;
    Priceless. If I were a customer/buyer... I would sure be wondering about dealing with these unreasonable management folks in charge of the CWB.

Listened to an interview on CHQR this afternoon where they interviewed Cheri-lynn Jolly Nagel and Stuart Wells. Stuart was bemoaning the fact that he would have to fill in a statutory declaration to vote. Obviously the system is weeding out the ones that it should. I don't know how a good NFU memeber has not supported the CWB in the last two years. If it is so important that you have one hired man one vote principle, maybe we should all by a NFU membership and try and change that organization and here the cries of foul play.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...