• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola and Different elevators

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola and Different elevators

Yesterday I was at 4 differnet elevators and again the Cargil one was out to lunch 6.80 Bushel and No buisness at all down to One guy in back and two up front.
    Pioneer best price loading cars like crasey 7.30 Pool and agricor similar 7.10 and Crushers at 7.25
    Why is Cargil always the Worst Price.

Saskfarmer;

It is very likely Cargill has filled commitments they have... and are not looking for more Canola at this time.

I have seen Cargill at $20/t more than any other buyer... when they need Canola.

THis shouldn't offend us... however I would get a basis established before booking Canola with them... that is unpriced.

Comment

Tom, when you are right, you're right. Cash prices single most influence is demand and the basis is that signal. The price is all the same, just the basis (delivery signal in this case) differs.

Comment

My comment in our area Cargil is always out to lunch on prices from every thing from peas oats feed wheat canola flax all are at the bottom of prices every time.

Comment

In our area at the moment it is Pioneer that is out to lunch with canola prices. We shopped wheat around in late September and found nobody wanted to look at it except Cargill. Everyone graded it no. 1 but only Cargill could move any and when you need the bin space what do you do? They also paid the trucking.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...