• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New bio diesel ethanol plant

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This news is creating quite a buzz with the people I talk to. The size and scope of the project will have lots of repercussions for both farmers and grain companies. The good news is that instead of the norm with underfunded players stepping forward this has money behind it. More and bigger markets close to home can't help but be good for us. Maybe this will move us away from too much dependance on foreign markets.

Comment

Just for interest, I read an article stating if all the planned ethanol plants are built in Iowa, Indianna and South Dakota , they will use all of the corn produced in those states. Given that it takes about 1.3 units of energy to produce 1 unit of ethanol energy from corn, this process cannot be sustained. In other words the biofuel industry will have to wean off food crops to be viable.

Comment

Agstar77,

Your energy consumption ratios must be made by the same folks who dream up your "single desk" buying illusions.

I look at Brazil, and see a biofuels industry that is making a massive positive impact on their economy. China is no different. No doubt we need to be smart, we need to conserve, but we absolutely must get moving on these bioenergy projects in Canada.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...