• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF THE AWB WAS CORRUPT WHAT ABOUT OUR CWB?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF THE AWB WAS CORRUPT WHAT ABOUT OUR CWB?

Just a thought, since our wonderful CWB wont show us farmers how good a job it does for us and were fed the same song and dance as the AWB trust us we know what were doing, doesnt any one wonder if they over the years they maybe have been doing some funny things to?

Very insightful SASKFARMER. So intriguing. I bet you spent a great amount of time drawing up that corrolation.

Let me get this straight. Because one entity in a same or similar industry does something, the other aught to have done it too. Wow! Opens up a whole new world of thought for me.

Comment

If one farmer is crooked we ALL are ????

Comment

Well you guys if the CWB is so closed off and secretive my accusation that they are crooked is as easily argued as your defence of the CWB.Why don't they just proove it to us,isn't that where the burden lies since there is no access to information.

Comment

They will say 'would Cargill or ADM or Louis Dreyfus ever disclose to the public their contract prices?' assuming everyone will assume they will not. But if you read the wires on a regular basis (reuters, for example), the results of wheat tenders are published on a regular basis. not only that, the USDA and 100 results on goolgle will show you cash grain prices, world grain prices and any other wheat prices in any position which with a calculator and basic math skills can be converted in 10 seconds back to Prairie values. not to mention the futures market which is not some arbitrary number on a screen by the way, but an actual value of an actual commodity called wheat that is not actually that special just because it's called cwrs. point is... wheat prices are not secretive especially when pooled returns - in particular in a year like this - so clearly and blatantly and pathetically lag values right next door and around the world.

This unfairness in 'contract price disclosure' that atip would/might impose on the cwb is the only non-controversial argument i've heard for the CWB not to be subject to the act. if not to hide under the table dealings that are going to look terrible when revealed, why why why not just say 'fine, we'd be happy to show you guys what we're really all about, in fact we're proud of it?'

please somebody enlighten me.

Comment

Lakenheath;

Clearly it is the CWB, and the CWB Minister who tipped off the world to the bribes to Iraq.

How can the CWB and Goodale claim to be uninvolved...

when they knew...

full stop...

That the AWB was bribing Saddam with Oil for Food funds on wheat sales... plus knew the SWP wheat sales were held up to extract bribes from Canada.

That AWB officals that are now up for criminal charges... worked to solve the Iraq problem... so Canada wouldn't squeal on the AWB... leaves little to the imagination about who knew what!

Further,

At the CWB "Accountability meeting" in Stettler last spring; Brian Wittal of the CWB clearly identified that the CWB Agents did the business with the middle eastern countries that have corrupt business practices... further proving the point that the CWB knew what was going on with the AWB... and did nothing to stop it.

Why didn't Canada & the CWB stop the AWB when they knew the bribes were in full swing and undermining world peace?

Comment

Tom read your first senatance and then your last.

Comment

Sometimes a circular argument bumps right into it's own behind.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...