• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAIS Inventory Transition Initiative

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAIS Inventory Transition Initiative

Has anyone recieved any money from CAIS 2003 or 2004 from their new inventory evaluation? I read where the largest payments would be going to the grains sector.

Well its december 2 and out of the 15 or so guys I hang around with who are grain farmers NONE have recieved any Money yet. One cattle farmer has recieved $30,000. on 1500 acres but that is It.

Comment

Here's something to consider.
      My 2003, 2004 CAIS is still not done. Mostly due to the ex accountants errors. BUT, also due to the "up front" staff at the CAIS department.(by their own admission) Since I've been shuffled off to the senior revisions dept and finding the numbers myself, we are making headway.

My thought of the day is for the 80%(or whatever the actual #is) of those who are NOT shuffled off to a revisions officer who cares. How do you ever know if your accountant or you ever put the numbers in the correct holes? Or if you did, did the CAIS staff, or did they evaluate your inventory correctly?(which was part of my mess; (thier doing))

Not that it has mattered in my case, it still looks like I can't show my face at the coffee shop, apparently I'm too good of a farmer to collect CAIS. (Or not good enough at creative bookeeping.) Perhaps we could form a "I didn't get CAIS" support group, meet on Thursdays.

Look at your CAIS statements! You don't need to be a CA to see blatant errors. If you prebuy every year and all of a sudden that number is way out, ask questions. You may need to phone 2 or 4 times to find someone who seems to care. When you do, keep their name and ask for that person the next time. It may not help me in the end but at least there will be some peace of mind it was done correctly rather than just throwing numbers randomly at some holes.

Comment

I understand the frustration in dealing with CAIS but there are few things you need to know . 2003 Cais has been revised about 7 times which means going back through these files that many times. Staffing issues are a problem everywhere and turnover means lots of retraining. It is my understanding that working at Cais comes with high stress level( probably dealing with us cranky farmers) and not consider the plum government job it sometimes is.I'm sure there is need for improvement at the office and it's no consulation if the debt collectors are hammering at your door.

Comment

I recieved my 2003 reevaluation back in October. I know more guys around here have also recieved theirs also.

Comment

Working at CASIP is stressful because of working with cranky farmers.
            Try Upper management with no Idea what they are doing. System of challenge everything then finally pay. This is the Winnipeg effect. If your in Alberta you will have your file looked at and handled at a much faster rate.
            CASIP is a starting post for most fed employees then they move on as quick as can be to get into a permanent Fed job.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...