• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the CWB Friday have a price that hit $5.15?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the CWB Friday have a price that hit $5.15?

While I was at a meeting on Friday one college came back from dinner saying that he was able to get $5.15 for his HRS delivered to Moose-jaw as of Friday noon. This amazes me since Friday was a down day for HRS.
    So maybe someone can explain what this might be.

Saskfarmer3,

Must assume this was for #1CWRS 13.5?

Did it include a "trucking premium"?

Which elevator company made the offer... was it for a direct mill hit?

Did the seller have to have avaliable quota respecting the 80% acceptance... or was it a direct mill call that can avoid CWB sanctioned A,B,C Series calls?

There are Many many things that will directly affect a price!

Comment

Tom to me it seemed that he was meaning on his 06 production 80% call and delivered to moose-jaw since that's where he lives.
      But under the Boards pricing options unless I missed some thing they were all done end of October.

Comment

Yes that was on #1 13.5

Comment

the guy would have had to have an open basis contract or dpc, the deadlines to commit to which passed in oct and july respectively, but which don't have to be priced until the end of july 07.

if it was through pricing an open basis contract, the applicable cd/t futures price was $221-224/t instore on Friday. Adding to this a 5-15/t basis, taking off deductions of around 55 and adding trucking premiums or blending upgrades valued at 10-12/t would have gotten him around $5.15/bu at the elevator.

Comment

Thanks John that would explain what he was talking about, he had great quality and protein of over 13 so trucking premium etc would get him their.

Comment

SKfarmer....my 06 unpriced DPC's on my 1 red wheat have been over $5.00 for the past week....much better than the PRO or unpriced Fpc's.....should have done the whole crop on DPC's...still waiting to pull the trigger...Minnie is not out of gas yet and could be poised for a bigger breakthrough.....hindsight is 20/20

Comment

North farmer where in Western canada are you from. Cant be Eastern sask.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...