• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reality "cheque"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ya, how quickly we forget. Things were perfect in Wheat Board land when the Liberals were in power. 100% calls high prices, all that good stuff.

Comment

In Sask I still don't think most farmers will VOTE Liberal or NDP. I am sorry but the NDP screw rural Sask so bad that its like a bad dream. They closed every thing moved to Regina and Saskatoon. Then didn't fix the highways telephone power etc. To NDP they only know Regina and Saskatoon. Then their is the liberanos who were the most useless bunch of politicians who ever walked the earth. Ralph has been at a few house functions that I have been at and he has no clue on agriculture he only understands opinion polls and keeping his job. But since most of the population is in the two big centres we have no say. But farmers will not vote for Liberal/NDP (is their really a difference)

Comment

mustardman, read Strahl's comments in the Western Producer. BTW, who sets the acceptance levels? Nice to see that most farmers have #1 good protien hrsw for the first time in years, too bad deliveries are so pathetic. This BS has been going on long before the Consevatives were in power.
        Now the Pro cwb and the liberal's are meking this a gong show and this is what is going to cost us money, not the actions of the current gov't.

Comment

I do not give a crap about low initials, have not pooled any wheat last year and none planned for this year....i have and will beat the pro returns with DPC and FPC contracts....even if the cwb forces me too leave money on the table compared to the real market........and it is not just about intitals....the cwb sets delivery calls and while we are open on 1CWRS we have no shipping and have all high quality wheat!.......none of our terminals are getting shipping(for wheat that is, plenty for canola) and likley do not expect to get any for some time......plus if you do not like the intital price, use the EPO, that was the board proposed solution for the collective marketing strategy....

initials should be higher....maybe our govt is nervous about the incompetence of the board in achieving what should be the real price.....maybe because they are too busy fighting for their lives..I mean jobs....

Comment

Northfarmer;

I agree the initial price adjustment is a red herring.

That we had one on Nov. 2/06 is proof enough to me that the federal gov. is being reasonable on adjustments... more so than Alcock was in my estimation.

The CWB going for outside legal council on this "gag order" court case is clearly a slap in the face for the government, as well as growers who don't agree with the "single desk" theory. And a huge extra cost for growers. Double jepeordy.

I challenge any "single desk" supporter to find any clause anywhere in the CWB Act, Regulations, on any Federal Law that says "CWB single desk" or CWB Monopoly... or "maximise profit for grain producers" or that "pooling is a pillar of the CWB"

The CWB Act DOES not give the CWB managers authority to favour "pool" marketers over those who need a "cash" price.

That the CWB is using the contingency fund as a cash cow for the "pool" and "single desk" protection... is proof the CWB "single desk" is being manipulated by biased and unbalanced managers who have lost their bearings.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...