• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCWGA and WCBGA invite only

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WCWGA and WCBGA invite only

I see from the news clips only members of the WCWGA and WCBGA members were invited to this afternoon's press conference in St. Francis Xavier (as we refer to as "Old Swampy", Catails and swap grassland).

According to sources from within the trade, this press conference was quietly planned last week, ensuring 100% of the WCWGA members showed up, to ensure good television. From what I counted I think they all showed, I counted nearly 25 grain farmers at the rally. (There were some pig farmers there also, Did you know that since they abandoned their hog board several years ago, they are all filthy rich, profitable every single year.

Hey BennyHill,

I was there today in St.Francis Xavier as well.

You must have forgotten to take your blinders off before you showed up! There were at least 200 plus media and ministerial staff. There were 9 in my group alone who drove 3 hrs to get there.

A few nitwits showed up (maybe you were one of them)to make trouble but no big deal. I can accept others may have a different opinion than me, but I have no desire to force my choices onto you, why can't you offer me the same courtesy?

And yeah, there were a bunch of wheatgrowers there, as there should have been, and it was music to my ears to hear that Measner was canned! And to hear the minister re-commit marketing choice was wonderful to hear.

Comment

So BennyHin, what news clips are you watching? NFU Dateline?

I was invited to the news conference, and I assure you I'm not a member of either WCWGA or WBGA. And why not an invited supportive audience? To do otherwise would be like asking a skunk to help you gather eggs (Dr. Philism). Come to think of it, there were a couple of uninvited varmints at the conference, one who appeared have rabies.

To support AdamSmith, there were 200 plus people there. But no matter if there were 200, 2,000 or 20,000, or only one. It would be wrong for the property of that one to be swallowed up by some unaccountable monopoly.

Comment

define slaughtered for me burma!

Comment

Grow up and get real.

Did the "pigs" in Ontario get slaughtered when they got the freedom to market their grain to who they wanted???

Where did the processing sector set up shop?? Why?

In what way would the "multinationals" benefit by driving the western grain farmers into the ground? If we all will go broke and seed it back to grass to grow calves on, who will they sell their products to or steal their grain from?

Comment

again, define slaughtered for me burma!

Comment

So how is it then that farmers in the USA who are at the hands of the multinationals are cosistantly getting more money for their grain than we who have the CWB to protect us?

Comment

Ok, since the leftie boardniks that post on Agriville can’t seem to defend their enraged statements of falsehoods and fear. I feel compelled to suggest to all those would be spewers of rage, that the words chosen and written must fit the circumstance in order to compel anyone reading to consider those words seriously.

Using the words “slaughtered” to describe the true circumstances of a free market sale of wheat by a farmer can be only viewed as being written by a raving lunatic.

The free market price of wheat is over $5.00 per bushel delivered into a ND elevator. These prices are stronger than anything seen in many years. Using the word “slaughtered” is totally unrealistic to the circumstance.

Also considering that many farmers grow canola, flax, oats, peas etc. all of which are marketed into an open market system, even when prices were lower, “slaughtered” was hardly an appropriate word to describe those circumstances. And when prices are high, word like “good returns” or “profitable values” are used. These will be used as well with wheat.

Comment

Was the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance crew there today Adam?

Or were they hanging Lowe?

Comment

Butch Jr. was there.

I didn't see any tears though!

Comment

wow..better order a dna check.

Comment

Sounds like a posting from a country where they have chased out the big bad multinationals.

Cuba hates Multis. Can you imagine if we chased out every multinational in Canada?
                        Cubans came to Canada (at our farm, too) looking for beans because their people did not have enough protein. They need to fire their Measners. But can't.

Burmabomber? I think I get the image.

Parsley

Comment

Adam Smith. How many Bushels have you sold in ND at $5.00? How many tonnes did you lock in using the fixed price contract? Have you checked the cost of production and prices lately on feed peas, lentils? Making lots of money are you?

Comment

It's asinine to state that the CWB has any influence over wheat prices. They can't take credit when prices are high (but they try anyway with their price-setter argument), nor can they be blamed when the are low (and they use the price-taker argument). Every crop goes through a price cycle. Right now, it's wheat's turn to be at the top while peas are suffering. That's why we diversify into multiple crops. What about when peas were $6.50 a bushel. Flax is sucking the hind one right now, but what about when it was $15 a bushel? Stop trying to pick individual time periods in the market cycle to try to prove your point. From a long-term perspective though, wheat profitability is lower compared to non-board crops. Look at long-term acreage trends. Farmers have voted with their acres.

Comment

Who was invited to the rally in front of the CWB building last week (besides CWB employees)?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...