• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta tarsands

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chuckchuck: I certainly don't have all the answers to the farm crisis. I do think that bio fuel is one more market that will help the small farm. Personally I believe when you depopulate the rural areas of Canada for large corporate agriculture, we will lose something that actually had value? Obviously you see it different.
    Government intervention in any walk of life is a tightrope we all have to walk? Is the government there to protect the individual or the corporate world? The Kings duty is to take care of his subjects?
    I don't know if Ritter is correct when he says "single desk...or no CWB...no other option"? I don't know if Strahl is right when he says there is a third option? The CWB is its own worst enemy...it created the dissatisfaction by not changing to meet the needs of its clients?
    How is it that only farmers in the DA are subject to the single desk? I think Alberta, at least, would opt out if given a chance? When they have the plebicite on barley should they count the votes provincially and let provinces stay in or opt out on that result?
    I truly doubt you would find any Canadian farmer who doesn't think
    bio fuel is a good idea? Now for sure it is sort of a "green subsidy" that will not "save" the environment 100%!...but we have to start somewhere...and every little bit helps!
    You are very correct when you say Europe and the US are not going to end subsidies. Does that mean Canada should fall even further behind? Aren't we supposed to be a wealthy developed country? Do we let our rural population vanish because we were too cheap to put a few bucks into rural peoples survival? Maybe we could scrap official bilingulism or some other useless government program to save a few farmers?

Comment

cottonpickin,

What are you smoking?

I only made a trip to Ontario, I don't live there! Right now I'm in Connecticut.

But I'm a Westerner. And a bona fide farmer.

chuckChuck,
      (Your comments and style remind me of the hoax-writer I well know).

For years and years, every organic grower was forced to provide their buyer information to the CWB, and you can bet Youngdahl has been contacting every buyer's name she "happened to see" on the export application.

Some of the farmers balked at handing over the names of their buyers to the CWB,just as Ontario Wheat Board put their foot down about revealing the names of their buyers to the CWB

The CWB's dual role as both grain buyer and licenser conflicts.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...