• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB and our (their!!)contigency fund

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB and our (their!!)contigency fund

Craig I was wanting to know if you had heard any response from the CWB about the Winter Wheat Growers concerns regarding the contigency fund being raised, and how the monies were being handled.
    I have trouble understanding the board's rationale on things like this. If it wasn't for some of the new progarms like FPC, DPC etc the board would taking way more heat than they are now (if that's possible) yet they seem to keep trying to screw the guys using the new programs all the while slapping the pool guys in the face with things like this final payment. Wake up CWB, quit sliding money from program to program, grade to grade , make all your programs transparent and stay consistent with them so your producers(who are your customers) build faith in them, whether they are pool type accounts or FPC type. If the CWB did this maybe they could compete with an open market system.
    Mr Chuck until you here the CWB change their tune keep firing those letter off.
    Disker
    p.s. Merry Christmas all

Disker
    I've been away for a short holiday so I can't answer whether the Winter Wheat Growers have received a reply. I have sent out my similar concerns to various other organizations but have basically received very little feedback. I also brought up these concerns at a wheat board meeting and again this just seems to fall on deaf ears. I would suggest the problem stems from the fact that there is no tranparency regarding PPO's and it's hard to prove it's miss use of producers money. I brought up the fact that if the contingency fund is at a level that properly backstops the PPO's then there is no reason to continue charging a risk premium. So much for the motto of returning as much money as possible to producers.

Comment

Craig,

A little news that the CWB is going to use the contingency fund to backstop the interm pool payments. Expanded limits from 60m will be required to facilitate this change.

So much for transparency when reverse engineering can create anything the CWB needs or wants to prove.

Measner needed to have been removed 6 months ago.

Comment

Tom
        What is disturbing is that the CWB directors supported this move.It opens the door to continue to funnel money out of the PPO accounts and into the hands of those in the pool accounts. You are denying producers who use the PPO's any recourse for overage of funds( surplus) because they are not entitled to any further proceeds from the pool accounts. At the same time you are rewarding producers who took no risk in the transactions. How anyone can believe this is fair and equatible treatment of producers is beyond me.

Comment

Craig,
          Could not agree more, it is just amazing that this is getting NO attention. Basically, with the directors supporting this they are saying they are OK with funds being moved from one account to another, either that or they don't even understand what we are talking about.

Comment

They more than understand what they are doing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...