• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB and complaining

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB and complaining

I have been reading your guys compalining for long enough. This forum is for grain marketing not CWB bitching.

I am a marketer for the largest grain handler in western canada and I think we just dont care about this issue.

So lets move on and discuss the markets or crop inputs.

The CWB and its operations in Western Canada are a huge issue right now. The CWB has a major impact on most farms.

CWB discussion is very welcome here. If you don't like it. Don't read it.

Comment

What are your thoughts on this years grain prices?

Comment

thegrainguy

what's your cash bid today for #1 CWRS 14.5 protien April delivery?

what's your new crop cash bid for milling winter wheat August delivery?

what's the competitions bid?

are you higher or lower?

Is your basis under Minny/KC/Wpg futures or is under Portland cash or Vancouver cash?

Let's talk grain marketing!

Comment

Cotton

I see some excellent pricing coming into new and old crop.

Canola - we can expect to see 400 to 415 futures. Old and new crop. This Bio fuel is driving this market. I believe will will see a jump tommorrow with the new USDA coming out. This will push corn, which in turn will push beans and in turn drive up canola.

Western Bly - $3.70/bus old crop FOB bin yard - north east Calgary area. New crop I am not as bullish because of the hugh acre shift to bly from wht.

HRS - flat this year and maybe some rise in pricing next year if all things stay the same. The only reason you can get a rise is the grower is chaging his acres from wheat to other crops.

Yellow Peas - will stay the same in the $5.00 to $5.50 mark.

Anything else guys?

Comment

I would say those numbers are low.

Comment

Why will peas stay in $5.00 to $5.50 range?

What is you reason for stating this?

Comment

Well lets discuss. Where do you see prices? Everyones guess is just that a guess.

As a farmer most of you by nature are bullish.

Comment

Lake

When have you seen peas ever in the $6.00 mark. How can anyone afford to pay or buy these at this level. India produces their own and if they get a crop why would they buy ours.

Comment

You pretty much did everything but answer my question.

I did not mention anything about $6.00 peas are anything you mentioned.

Simple question. What reason can you give to support peas being $5.00 - $5.50 per bushel. To me those are attractive prices for peas.

Comment

Sorry Lake

These are excellent prices. These prices are current market prices. There are no new crop pricing so it is a cpmplete guesstimate. These are supported by current pricing the supply needed by all import countries and current expecations by you the farmer.

I don't have any hard facts because peas are so hand to mouth it is hard to guess with no real trends to track.

Comment

When have you ever seen oil over 70 dollars?
                        New highs can and will occur.
                        Its already happening in other commoditie sectors-daily.
                        Farmers i would say are the most bearish group.
                        A guess is a guess although some are more educated than others.

Comment

Cotton

You never stated any thoughts of where you see prices. I was brave enough to say where I thought they would be.

Come on give it a shot

Comment

I can tell you just started reading this site.I'm well on the record for my projections.I'll post them later tonight.Wifes about to get home and my 2 kids just trashed the house so i got work to do.

Comment

LOL

Take care cotton. Good talking with you today

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...