• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyoto

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jumpinjack-at least you admit there is a problem and something should be done.

I'm wondering why you think i'm trying to scare you or your kids?

I really think this issue should be debated.I have no fear of the future, humans have overcome many obstacles, but ostriges have not.

Comment

Also CP, Tim Ball has made a lot of loot taking the opposite side. In the end, this whole argument is about making money. Some are better at it then others.

Comment

CP:

No you are not> I believe that the KYoto issue, and climate change issue is something that has hit home to yourself,as did many Canadians.

We watch the political bungling, money,time being wasted, with no clear results, or direction.

Yet we get bombarded 24/7 with occurances in world. Blame it on global warming.

Comment

Has anyone seen Tim Ball's response to the story "Mr. Cool" as posted above as it was a very large 2 page spread in the Saturday Globe and Mail? I have yet to see anything.

There are always several sides to any story but the human induced climate change science is pretty convincing. Al Gore's film didn't explain in any great detail how we are going to accomplish greenhouse gas reductions. Even if we are wrong about the science of climate change and the ultimate consequences, there are still many economic and environmental reasons why we should be seeking alternatives to fossil fuels and reducing fossil energy use. On the otherhand, if we don't do anything and the science is proven right, our children and grandchildren will undoubtledy pay a much higher price than we will by acting now.

Comment

Still wondering why the other planets are warming up at the same time as us??

Got an answer? CP? CC?

Let's just send a few billion to the other side of the world, that will fix it.

Maybe Russia can build a sun shade for outer space to cool it back down for a few years with the money we will send them.

I am sure China will stop building coal burning electrical plants and put up wind farms with the money we shall send them.

How about we keep our own money and reduce pollution first.

ps What kind of pollution do you think we are going to have to breath after China builds their power plants?

Comment

I'm with wd9. No biofuel policy on Mars.

I heard the Venus was going to start paying Jupiter for solar credits though, so that should help. No telling what would happen to the poor souls on Mercury if we don't nip this in the bud. Pluto thinks the whole scheme is ridiculous, but they've been demoted to a planetoid. That'll fix them for not going along with the consensus.

Comment

The three-part series "Guns, Germs/Steel, referred to the 1000 year drought hat occurred in the Middle East a long long long time ago.

I'm hunkering down for a dry spell, just in case.

Parsley

Comment

I'm not a scientist silverback.
                  Why do you think their all lying?

This isnt about sending money overseas.
                  This is about cleaning up our own back yards.
                  How would we expect china or anyone else to act responsible if we dont?
                  Do you relize chinas auto emmission standards are higher than ours!

At least i now know who the self righteous asses are that throw litter out on the highway are.-Not my problem why should I give a sh@t.

Comment

At least i now know who the self righteous asses are that throw litter out on the highway are.-Not my problem why should I give a sh@t.

Comment

Comment

How old are you? 10? 12?

"This isn't about sending money overseas"

That is hilarious.

Kyoto is only about sending money to someone else so that we can keep doing what we are doing.

Why do you think the countries that have room under the caps they were given are so anxious to have us start complying?

I know you are no scientist, and I know you are not a farmer, but I have to wonder why the worlds best trader of commodities needs to watch the words written on this site so closely? Shouldn't you be in the south of france this season?

Comment

We all should ask ourselves how much is this going to cost? Dion says in the big picture we will be about the richest nation in the world as we teach all the dummies everywhere else! Do you believe him? I don't.
                          The age of oil will come to an end. Technology will solve the problem. The problem is: how do we get there??
                          I wonder what happens when we send all that cash to Russia...what will they use it for? Will they get those old dirty plants up and running again?
                          If anyone even believes this removing CO2 by carbon credits...how about paying the Canadian farmer for storing it? At least he'll have a few bucks to spend down at the local store?
                          Personally I think if Tim Ball is the "oil companies" boy...then thank God we have the oil company to pick up the tab, because with old Al around we are all going to be a lot poorer!

Comment

I heard Tim Ball speak a few years ago at a conference and although I didn't agree with his stand ,he was very entertaining!
                            I can see why he would be hired to contradict the accepted science , the man could sell ice to the eskimos.

(and in the future he might have to )

Comment

I'm a 100% farmer.
                              The reason i studie and blab about commodities so much is because i'm addicted to watching the markets.

I dont understand how people think we would ever send a nickel to the worlds largest energy exporter(russia).

If Kyoto turns out to be a giant wealth transfer sceme,then i am wrong and it is b.s.

Global warming on the other hand is a reality that should be tackled.

Comment

So you are convinced that we are causing our own demise by producing too much CO2, but you don't even know what Kyoto really means?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...