• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stocks on Wheat, Barley & Durum

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stocks on Wheat, Barley & Durum

Sawfly

There are sufficient supplies of soft wheat... so the "designated area" is holding the right wheat supplies that are needed globally.

We are DOWN 57 million metric tonnes in wheat stocks globally this year, from the 10 year average! A 20% stocks to use ratio, lowest in recent history.

US production down 8mmt
    AU production down 14mmt
    BlackSea Pro. down 8mmt
    EU production down 5mmt.

Why would there be any good reason for the CWB to hold back 20% wheat & durum in the "designated area"?

US Durum wheat stored in all positions on December 1, 2006 totaled 47.5 million
    bushels, down 42 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks, at 23.9 million
    bushels, are down 59 percent from December 1, 2005.

Barley stored in all positions on December 1, 2006 totaled 173 million bushels, down 17 percent from December 1, 2005.

With CDN Port selling prices for Malt barley since new Oct.1 06-07 crop started being delivered this fall... at $300 to 325/t, why are our human consumption barley prices 30% lower than they should be...?

A simple prudent pool program of diciplined selling would have assured $4.25/bu at our farm gate in the "designated area".

What have I missed Sawfly?

If there were no-cost export licenses... we would see wheat and barley prices jump $1/bu... just like that!

I agree Tom, malt is a disaster in the making right now. Our great CWB from what I am told has pre-sold the majority of this years crop at very low levels as is reflected in the PRO's.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...