• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You wake up on March 31 and ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh, that's an about-face? I thought you like the American way?

I thought Harper's next move will be to remove all that commi CBC local news and replace it why FoxNews and Entertainment Tonight?

Who do you think deserves the Oscars this year parsley? Remember Hollywood is in the USA?

Comment

1. Machej is an accredited exporter.

http://www.cwb.ca/dom/db/buying/sales_process/accredit.nsf/accexppage2?ReadForm&CategRegion=Europe%20/%20Africa%20/%20Mid-East%20/%20Former%20Soviet%20Union

2. I clicked on Eagle Sterling Co. Limited

The contact person is "Trading Department"

3. So I went to google and typed in
      Eagle Sterling Co. Limited

and clicked on this hit:

http://www.memberservicecenter.org/irmweb/wc.dll/mbwincoc?id=mbwincoc&doc=rol/rol1/listing&kn=21470

the URL is listed as irianaresources

4. "Iriana Resources Corporation operates the Greer Lake tantalum-lithium-cesium property, located 13 kilometers SE of the Tanco mine in SE Manitoba."

5.On Manitoba Government's website, Iriana applied for diamond exploration permits http://www.gov.mb.ca/iedm/mrd/busdev/exp-dev/highlights00.html

6.Polaris Geothermal Inc. (formerly Iriana Resources Corporation) is pleased to announce that effective June 21, 2004 it amalgamated with Iriana Resources Corporation and continued under the name Polaris Geothermal Inc. pursuant to the provisions of the Business Corporations Act.

Comment

Am really glad to have the US as neighbors too.

I see you have a new picture on your website. You need to quit working so much Benny.

http://www.nndb.com/people/605/000022539/

Comment

FWIW - the mine is apparently 140 km NE of Winnipeg.

I'm thinking that Machej knew people involved in this company and they asked him to be involved - for whatever reason.

Sometimes when you hear hoof-steps its not a zebra - just another horse.

I'm really lost as to why this matters to the grain industry. Now find out who he's been selling wheat to, and that might be interesting.

Comment

Ok I'll bite Chaff:

http://www.cwb.ca/db/buying/sales_process/accredit.nsf/accexppage?ReadForm

Accredited exporters are national and multinational companies authorized to purchase grain from the CWB for resale to customers and other exporters.

Many accredited exporters are tied into extensive sales networks and markets that complement the CWB's sales efforts. With branch offices scattered around the globe, these companies can make direct contact with customers in markets the CWB would have to travel to, thereby helping to reduce unnecessary expense.

Accredited exporters also facilitate sales through freight sharing and acceptance of financial risk. In some cases, holds on ships can be shared between Board and non-Board commodities. In addition, some buyers may present financial risks not acceptable to the CWB. Accredited exporters provide a valuable service by assuming this financial risk.

By working with more than 20 accredited exporters, the CWB can meet a variety of terms set by the customer. This business approach allows the CWB to sell Prairie farmers' wheat and barley around the world.

How does Machej fit in the above description?

Comment

Inky:
              You know I'm with you on all this. My first thoughts when I first saw that he was an AE was - I wonder how much he's getting funneled through him? And of course I'm wondering what value he adds to the equation - "extensive sales network", "branch offices scattered around the globe", "freight sharing"....

My point earlier was - what's the point about the mining connection?

Comment

Dunno..

Maybe 500 farmers should apply to be an A/E - get turned down and start a class action?

The least they'd get is $1000.00 for the stress of not being able to be an A/E.

Merchandise grain...

Merchant...

Its just one merchant away!

http://www.merchantlaw.com/

conspiracy that Benny...

Comment

Chaff,

"My point earlier was - what's the point about the mining connection? "

I guess Machej himself made it a point of curiosity, or he wouldn't have listed urianaresources on his website:

http://www.memberservicecenter.org/irmweb/wc.dll/mbwincoc?id=mbwincoc&doc=rol/rol1/listing&kn=21470

Why would he list it?

Parsley

Comment

Chaff & ingto;

Go to Google
                    Type in Tony Porraccio

He's a director on Eagle Sterling(Machej's company)
                    along with Power Corporation etc.

Eagle Sterling is a very successful accredited agent.

Parsley

Comment

The website noted under Sterling's corporate listing is no longer active.

In 2004 Iriana Resources were "amalgamated" with Polaris Geothermal. SO I don't think it exists anymore.

Machej does not connect with Polaris at all.

I think the zebra is dead.

Find who he sells wheat to - then you'll get my attention.

Comment

Chaff,

I should have written it more clearly in case some didn't click the link:

TMAC 2007 is written at the bottom of the website, so it is current.

Porracio is a director on TMAC for Eagle Sterling(Machej's company),Hydro-Québec sits on TMAC, along with Power Corporation, the CWB, Export Development Canada,Int'l Development Research Centre, Royal Canadian Mint, Farm Credit Canada, etc.

Because Tony Porraccio represents Eagle Sterling at the TMAC boardtable, he represents a CWB accredited agency.

I think farmers are interested in who/what represents the accredited agency.

#2 The CWB lists Eagle Sterling as an accredited agency. They did not mention Mr. Machej as the contact. Instead, they listed 'Trading Desk' as the contact.

So, it was natural to search who Eagle Sterling really is. Gordon Machez is listed as the contact for Eagle Sterling. Machez thought it was important enough to designate irianaresources as his URL on the Eagle Sterling contact sheet. Not me. He did.

Iriana Resources is no longer active, but because Mr. Machez originally made a the link to Iriana, he must have thought it was important enough for an CWB accredited agency to connect with Iriana Resources.

As you say, it is Iriana mining company, which amalgamated with Polaris.

Why did Mr. Machez himself originally link a mining company with wheat sales?

That's a strange union, but I guess it is most logical to search where Eagle Sterling ships its' wheat and intersect it with where there WAS Iriana Mining, if one has enough curiosity.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...