• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ritter

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilagro, I agree with your position on the CWB. These guys here at Angriville are actually the framers for justice hiding and pretending to be legit, representing us little farmers. They are brokers and clip board buyers that want our grain cheap, basically chislers. If the board is broken, it all goes down the tube. Look at the benefit that killing the Crow brought us. **Word of caution, be careful what you say or they will ban you from the site. I was blocked for 3 years since I didn't share their views.** I think that the Alberta Barley Commission is hiding in here t00!! Long live the CWB and Canada's farmers, to heck with the big boys. Take those stats and facts and smoke them BOYS & GIRLS.

Comment

Burbert, To the best of my knowledge, no one has stated that they wish to get rid of the cwb. It's about choice. In a free open choice environment, why wouldn't you support the cwb? Because the likes of Flaman & Ritter say it won't work doesn't make it so.

Comment

new here folks, agree with the last statement, and Chaffmiesters as well, if the CWB had the drive and desire to change and adapt like all of us producers have then why can't they play a role in marketing our grains in the future? continued obstinance does no one any good. They have the staff, the knowledge and expertise. Do they need facilities? maybe, maybe not, I do lots of business with companies that do not have an elevator. Is there a future for the CWB? well it's up to them, I've moved past that point in my business.

Comment

Agree erik - i am also new here so don't apreciate
          the insulting accusations of bubert.

That aside, the future is a bright one for barley,
          with us farmers having the choice to market
          through the CWb or on our own.

I look forward to splitting my production and, every
          year, signing up some of my production with the
          CWb and selling some, on my own, for better cash
          flow. I have complete faith in the intellegence of the
          CWB staff to market and am excited to be able to
          have better options and choices to improve my
          cash flow (a problem for all of us).

You doom and gloom guys who think the sky will
          fall in are hurting the entire agrilcuture industry. We
          all adapt and change or wee don't stay on the farm.
          Why wouldn't the CWB - who work for us,
          remember- adapt as well?

I happen to know that CWB staff and dirctors come
          on here and read the postings so let me tell them
          that I beleive they will do a good job for us if they
          quit fighting and we all start pulling in the same
          direction.

Comment

It's been a good week for Ken and his magority of stooges they managed to get the Bond rater's to lower the CWB's borrowing rate from AAA to AA ,you think the Christmas bonuses cost alot of money. I guess taking the Gov't to court on who's paying the CEO was the last straw, what a bunch of idiots!

Comment

That should read AA .

Comment

That should read AA plus the plus sign doesn't show up when I type it in.

Comment

Burbert,and Wilagro, you guys are unbelievable. What is it in your narrow minds that make you two think that it's only the "Big Boys", who want change?? I know plenty of section, or two section farms that want change.

I gurantee you take a vote on this site, and it has nothing to do with big or small. It has to do with age. I'm 28 years old, that's the differnce. Now it's my turn to stereo type. I would love to guess Burbert, and Wilagro's age, because I bet your over 45. AND YOUR AFRAID OF CHANGE!!!!

Comment

I am 48. I can't wait for change......Does this mean I am old????

Comment

HFL change will keep you young.

Comment

Burbert:
                        Of all the days for you to throw everything negative, fearmongering, etc. You're just like the little groundhog scurrying back to the hole, after seeing your shadow. The shadow in this case is CHANGE. In your opinion let's have another 70 years of CWB control.

Comment

jeez, snappy, I can't even remember 45.

Pars

Comment

HFL, sorry no I was trying to be sarcastic, to Wilagro & Burbert. As they say it's all the "Big Boys", that want change. I say it's all the "young" who want change.

Comment

Parsley, sorry. I guess I wasn't clear enough on what I meant. I don't think it's fair to stereo type the big vs the small, or the old vs the young. I know lots of smaller operations that want change, as do lots of the older want change. But I will say after being to alot of meetings this winter, the number of farmers over 45 are far more against change then for it. I asked a question at a meeting earlier this winter about my concerns with the CWB, and a group of older farmers ripped in to me, about how the younger generation doesn't know any better, and we're (the younger generation) going to destroy the agriculture sector with these crazy ideas.

Comment

God, I hope the younger generation wants some change? The way things have been going...if something doesn't change the whole damned lot of us will be history? What worked in the thirties sure doesn't work today?
                                I do think these younger guys have a better understanding of a whole lot of things? They aren't intimidated by the "BIG BAD CORPORATE WORLD"?
                                The really silly part of this whole thing, is simply this: The guys who feel comfortable with the CWB, will still be able to market their grain through them? And the CWB should do well? They do have some very competent people working for them? They do have a lot of government support?
                                Big revelation: The world will not end on the day the CWB loses the monopoly to market wheat and barley! Yes, things will change...but not the end of the world?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...