• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you ready to market your own grain?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you ready to market your own grain?

ado089, I want to address this to you because I noticed you presume I will incur transportation costs on feed barley.

Not so.

Farmers can, and do, regularly negotiate grain transportation FOB farm . We always do. You can do it, too.

The first thing you must do is establish yourself as a resident farmer in Canada. USDA is wary of terrorists, so make it easy for yourself and do your homework.

1. Go to www.access.fda.gov

On this site you will register with the US, for allyour shipments moving across the border.

2. Tip: When I filled out a web entry several years ago, for the farm, I put our land location in the Address. If you have just a box number, it zaps back to you.

3. Every load you ship across the line, you need to online and fill out a Prior Notice, which details what you are shipping etc. and when it hits the border. Do a little homework here. Every grain has different code numbers etc. Adjust for your farm.

4. USDA will e-mail you a bar code, and will accompany the trucker, and will be scanned at the border for each load.

5. This registration also facilitates parcels you may send to your friends for Christmas. You can ship by air, post, truck etc. but Customs knows who you are because you are registered, and given a Prior Notice, and then were e-mailed the bar code.It is your "passport" for easier exporting.

Pars

Why would you want to do all this when you just have to wait to be told when to hand over your grain?Canada was built by people waiting to be told how and when to work together by someone.not by selphish individuals going off on their own.How does that make others feel?There will be no time to curl and that hurts others.Thats why I always like to be on a team that trys to get a tie.You people that like to win are just thinking of yourselves.

Comment

Parsley, REALITY CHECK There is no way in the world that US farmers are going to allow an unfettered flow of Canadian grain across into the US. Think about it man, they've objected to and sued even when we sold grain into their great nation via the CWB, following the rules, at last count 14 times. You may be bulletproof, but I know lots of other farmers who are normal everyday guys that don't like confrontation and likely don't have passports either. Or are you some Americ'n living/hiding out in Kanada! Just waitin to take advantage of us dum Kandains.

Comment

BB,
        I am not talking about selling through the CWB, for heaven's sake.

I am presuming we will have a choice.

That means you can bypass the Board and sell your grain directly to your American buyer. No CWB

That's the key. No CWB

Choice should have occured a long time ago, but just like Gore said in his film. "An Inconvenient Truth":

"Hard to get a man to understand something if his salary depends upon not understanding it."

That's why all CWB staff have memorized and repeat the same old message just for you burbert.

And you can sing it in your sleep.

Parsley

ps Yes CP, I've watched the movie.

Comment

Nice to see you paint 450 people with a single stroke.

Comment

Parsley: I've looked over the last 3 months of posts, not once do you ever provide any input on the markets, no recommendations, or insight. At least Incognito, chaffer, snappy, cotten, Tom4CWb, CharlieP, Lee, AdamSmith, JohnKenneth, Cowman, saskfarmer3, wd9, Jag, (and the list goes on) all provide commentary, and their opinions. What say you?
            Do you all expect us to live in a shack, use no inputs, and try market our wheat as "organic" at $15/bu? Your like the modern day snake oil salesman that shows up into Walnut Grove to sell his new cure all medicine. How many tonnes of organic wheat can the market support at $15/bu? I hear Superstore wants to remove the organic premium completely in the future.

Please tell us for the record: Is your wheat safer to eat than non-organic? If so explain why? perhaps we can write a globe and mail article.

Comment

Soooo what did you think?

Comment

Parsley:
                You seem to enjoy the American red-tape that is required to import grain into their county. You make it sound so simlple and acceptable.

But I thought you had a distain towards all government bureaucracy..... oops, this is American bureaucracy (Non-Canadian), therefore it must be OK).

Comment

BennyHinn,

I guess if I didn't provide you with any input, recommendations or insight on this website, your rights have been terribly wronged, right?

It's wrong for you to be so right, because it makes the rest of us dead-right wrong to wrong you. Right? If I am wrong, I'll try to right the wrong, but if you are wrong, I don't ever want you to try to make it right, because you are the wrong kind to make a right wrong.

cotton, Almost 40 years of enjoying farming and have always been environmentally/recycling/replanting/ pollution conscious.Lots of farmers are. CO2 emissions have been rising, and any message, film, book that encourages better practices needs to be encouraged, keeping in mind that science is sometimes not what it appears to be, either.

You are maybe a little more reved up because Gore is fizzy Oscar-pop right now. And younger.

We just disagree on methodology cott, and the degree of reliability/interpretation of data.

Parsley

Comment

So parsly im glad you finally watched it and then commented.

Do you still stand by your-" gore is making a scientific statement that is unstudied,not verifiable,unsubstantiated statement"

Or would you like to retract that?

How do you find the time to take on me but none of your buddies that think global warming is a hoax?

Comment

bennyhinn:why do you want"market commentary"You are weak,you dare to question the judgement of our betters at the BOARD.Its this kind of doubt, of lacking in faith that has lead to the slippery slope of people wanting out of the pool.Wanting to go their own way.Remember,we shold be opposed to too much information.It leads to challenge.To heresy.

Comment

Thank you for the help Parsley.

We are making plans for the week after the vote results come in, and beyond.

Comment

cotton,

With regards to my quote referring to Steyn's quote...

I quoted Steyn where he razored Gore's energy-planet theory. I presume it is a theory that Gore has taken on the road. Steyn accused Gore of it being unsubstantiated.

I agree with Steyn. I don't think studies about planets-energy exist. I don't think Kyoto is a good plan, either. I take stats/studies with a healthy dose of skeptisism.

But, I think Co2 emissions are occurring and studies do indeed exist, pollution is worse and worse(and studies exist), especially water, and garbage problems are serious. All the time, somebody I know has cancer.

But statistics and spins become the basis for the shouting matches, instead of the discussions about the solution. (Thx for not shouting).

Everyone has to learn in their own time, and in their own way.

Parsley

Comment

Nice to see your slowly catching up.

How exactly is the world suppose to work together to tackle this problem?
                            Kyoto is the free market solution to the problem.

180 countries agree on something and 3 back out.WTF is that.

Parsly i think your blinded by your love of amerika to think clearly.

Comment

Burbert:

REALITY CHECK – line by line:

You say: “There is no way in the world that US farmers are going to allow an unfettered flow of Canadian grain across into the US.”
                              REALITY (5-year averages)
                              Wheat 603,000 t (OBJECTED)
                              Durum 345,000 t (OBJECTED)
                              Flour 236,000 t (UNFETTERED)
                              Oats 859,000 t (UNFETTERED – note: even more than wheat)
                              Barley 356,000 t (UNFETTERED)
                              Canola 199,000 t (UNFETTERED)
                              Corn, soybeans, flax, peas also go unfettered, but smaller volumes

You say: “Think about it man, they've objected to and sued even when we sold grain into their great nation via the CWB, following the rules, at last count 14 times.”
                              REALITY:
                              They’ve objected ONLY when we’ve sold grain via the CWB. I repeat – ONLY when through the CWB. Think about that.

You say: “You may be bulletproof, but I know lots of other farmers who are normal everyday guys that don't like confrontation and likely don't have passports either.”
                              REALITY:
                              You don’t need a passport to sell your own grain.

And before you feel you need to ask, no, I’m not Americ’n.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...