• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

I'm quite confident that the average grain farmer is not going to give up their winter vacations to babysit cows 365 days of the year.
    But now that the cattlemen are finally making some money for one of the first times in decades, perhaps they can pick up the pieces of some of the grain farms.
    Never winter vacation in my life, to busy cutting firewood.

Comment

Don't get to gunho about the cattle biz that party is always a lot shorter than planned. The market will be down before guys can make the first payments on those $3000 cows. Bintheredonethat. The guys giving the market reports claim the plants are 30 plus days behind in processing can you imagine what would happen to prices even if we expand a little bit. -23 coldest morn we have had in 4 weeks.

Comment

[QUOTE=dave4441;n789253]

I am not going to get into it with you.

Stocks shipped from Canada to end of Jan are approx 50000 MT. Stocks normally shipped from Canada in the first 6 months are 75000 MT. You do the math.

By the way i know who you are and unlike youself, I dont hide behind a fake name.in /QUOTE]

must have gone to Trump University, here is a bit of math If you dont know the beginnning
        number you have no idea what the end number is. Would that be safe to ASSume?
        Canary is 45 cents and you can sell any day of the week YOU DO THE MATH! lmao
        Here is a hint DROUGHT look it up

Comment

Chicago wheat is back to August 2020 levels. A three and half year round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
            But it sure was a fun trip. When can I sign up for the next one?

Comment

Oh God, it could be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                Don't get to gunho about the cattle biz that party is always a lot shorter than planned. The market will be down before guys can make the first payments on those $3000 cows. Bintheredonethat. The guys giving the market reports claim the plants are 30 plus days behind in processing can you imagine what would happen to prices even if we expand a little bit. -23 coldest morn we have had in 4 weeks.
                Cattle cycle is alive and well. I took advantage and culled a pile but my heifer retention is considerably higher this year. Probably by the time they bring calves to market they’ll be cheap but at least once theyre at their most productive is when the market peaks again.

Cattle business has been in the doldrums far too long that now with the sudden uptick in profitability, shortage of cattle, and downturn of grain prices; breeding cattle are too expensive relative to their future profitability. I’m not that old and gosh it seems I’ve seen this scenario play out before. Some jumping back in and some with tax problems but who knows. When these $3500 breds become $2500 next winter the usual types take a haircut every cycle. Maybe I’m wrong and it hasn’t topped yet but eventually some sucker gets caught.

Comment

Oh God, it could be a while.
                  Does anybody use that Oats commodity board?

It looks like I could make that chart move by myself.

Looks like an easy place to manipulate volatility?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

Cattle cycle is alive and well. I took advantage and culled a pile but my heifer retention is considerably higher this year. Probably by the time they bring calves to market they’ll be cheap but at least once theyre at their most productive is when the market peaks again.

Cattle business has been in the doldrums far too long that now with the sudden uptick in profitability, shortage of cattle, and downturn of grain prices; breeding cattle are too expensive relative to their future profitability. I’m not that old and gosh it seems I’ve seen this scenario play out before. Some jumping back in and some with tax problems but who knows. When these $3500 breds become $2500 next winter the usual types take a haircut every cycle. Maybe I’m wrong and it hasn’t topped yet but eventually some sucker gets caught.
                    I wrote about it yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post

Does anybody use that Oats commodity board?

It looks like I could make that chart move by myself.

Looks like an easy place to manipulate volatility?
                      Not many.

Give it whirl.

It could work out.

Comment

Please Lord, giveth thy one more boom. Thou shalt not grant credence to the "this time is different" mob henceforth!

Comment

Did you finally unload that on farm carry-over you mentioned you had in late July 2023

It's not been a fun trip since then.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Did you finally unload that on farm carry-over you mentioned you had in late July 2023

It's not been a fun trip since then.

Hind sight 20/20
                            many farms held wheat
                            some said they would not sell till $10, but those same farms are magically sold on all wheat , it’s amazing.
                            Last edited by furrowtickler; Mar 7, 2024, 00:13.

Comment

Wheat made our farm more money the last three years it’s not even funny. Was a good run as wheat is fun to grow and cheaper to grow than canola. But like all good things it’s market is ****ed up.

now farmers in the USA are saying it’s Biden and Ukraine wheat flooding Europe etc. all farmers are pissed in Europe so maybe.

plus how well would western canada be at growing wheat if a war was going on.

something doesn’t add up.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Hind sight 20/20
                                many farms held wheat
                                some said they would not sell till $10, but those same farms are magically sold on all wheat , it’s amazing.
                                There are a lot of amazing marketers out there always hitting tops for selling and always catching the bottom of the fertilizer valley.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...