• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Review of the Canadian Wheat Board Benchmarking Methodology

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a horrible bedtime read.

But, the 2003 "Sparks" report is not mealy-mouthed, and it is essential reading if you want to know where the hole is in your CWB knapsack, where the cash continues to dribble out.

In 2000, Gray at the U of S had yet another report for the CWB, and Sparks gives a diagnosis on what ails Gray's report.

Gray's report is viewed as one sick piece of work.

While a lot of researchers are hoping to get hired by the Board, and being objective and listing points of reason are not really in the cards if the evidence points to the Board looking dumb, this report calls it as they see it.

Gray’s methodology appears flawed in several respects. Overall, the conclusion that emerges is that Gray’s recommended benchmarking procedure is ill conceived and was not thoroughly researched.

UNQUOTE

Fighting words?

You bet.

About time?

You bet.

Go to google and type it in:

As a farmer, I started to wonder, is it that Gray can't write a good report, or is it that Gray CAN'T write a good report?

Parsley

Parsley,

Ignorance is bliss... SK politics are proof... as are CWB single minded directors.

I see the Hammer and Tickle is back on discovery channel... watch it if you have the opportunity!

Comment

Tom4CWB,

Did Gray ever defend his report that Sparks shredded?

Does anyone know if Gray did a formal defense?

Parsley

Comment

He didn't.
        The way I see it, he couldn't.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...