• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Monette Farms like Bernie Madoff?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fcr View Post
    It makes me laugh when people complain that some evil foreigner is buying farmland.Simple just dont sell to them and sell to your neighbour instead.Oh but money talks.Guess we are lucky i dont know of any Chinese or Russian that own land anywhere close to us.Our biggest competition for land is from Alberta,both farmers and investers,but its up to the seller who they chose to sell to.There are alot of young farmers here and our small towns are doing quite well,houses sell quick and many are moving from cities to retire were its safer and afforable.We have two new daycares being built within 20 miles and both have long waitlists so the future looks good.

It makes me laugh when people cant see whats happenning right in front of their eyes.
    Thay guy that you say was from Alberta how do you know whos bankrolling him? It may be legit but we found out in our area even some of the neighbors admitted they have offers from people working as agents for those countries, getting huge commissions to find canadian land.
    And plain and simply you think its a good idea foreigners own our farm land?lmao

Comment

My father and his brothers as well as many others rented land from a U.S . Company until they were forced to sell because of a change in land ownership laws. They had an office in town and the owners would visit every July. Great landlords and very fair rents. My father purchased what he could afford at the time however some was sold to BTO with deeper pockets so we lost some land.Not everything is always as it appears. It’s your choice who you sell to when that time comes. Oh and the Albertans with one exception have all moved here lock, stock and barrel so they are a welcome addition to our rural communities.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...