• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Land has done well!
    I don't think even you could grow wheat on that.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post

What would you do with the money?

You probably won't run out of money without cashing it?

All you have to worry about is inflation and that's worse if you cash.

Land values might drop off but only matters if your selling.
      First think that came to my mind was how much tax would have to be payed ?

Comment

I read somewhere Bill Gates buys land to park money then borrows money to live on using the equity as collateral.
        Gets a favorable rate and just pays the interest.
        No tax because not income.

I know my accountant doesn’t like sharehoder loans more than a yr?

If not incorperated would that work?

Last edited by shtferbrains; Mar 8, 2024, 22:05.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post

First think that came to my mind was how much tax would have to be payed ?
          Assuming SF has his land incorporated even if he retires rent is taxed at 48% making it senseless to own it.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post

Assuming SF has his land incorporated even if he retires rent is taxed at 48% making it senseless to own it.
            If the kids are farming he can do a freeze and take just enough dividends to avoid an oas clawback for him and the Mrs. for the rest of their life.

If both his boys are farming he just needs a good living. Plus the MNP treatment usually includes a family trust and a holding company to move the excess farm cash to keep farmco pure. Easy peezy.

Except SF3 needs to be able to retire on $182k family income.

It may not be the lifestyle he is accustomed to.

Comment

The tax man is very patient, and he don't croak.

Comment

[QUOTE=sumdumguy;n790623]

That Electric Shark drink recipe looks awesome. City driving in Regina is looney like Trudope. Many accidents. Almost every intersection has pieces of rear tail lights.

In other words, A + B = C

Comment

Ok isn't this look relaxing vs snow? Our timeshare condo in the Grand Cayman. Up to a month a year but we usually don't go and rent to relatives etc. I think we'll start flying further south in January eventually. 1.15 hour flight from Tampa.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
                    Big outfit in my area selling lock, stock and barrel on richie's in a few days. 4 generations in making. That takes commitment.
                    Happytrails are you referring to the farm coming up for sale in Youngstown or a different one? I watched a short promo video on that one, looked like there was 2 sons involved, I am guessing in their mid forties, as well as the father. I always wonder what inspires people to sell what has taken generations to build.

Comment

That God those glaciers melted ????

Comment

Happytrails are you referring to the farm coming up for sale in Youngstown or a different one? I watched a short promo video on that one, looked like there was 2 sons involved, I am guessing in their mid forties, as well as the father. I always wonder what inspires people to sell what has taken generations to build.

Probably as many reasons as there are farms.

Comment

Probably as many reasons as there are farms. [/QUOTE]

I think farming more than ever is a huge JOB. So many skill sets needed. A few really dry years don't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            Ok isn't this look relaxing vs snow? Our timeshare condo in the Grand Cayman. Up to a month a year but we usually don't go and rent to relatives etc. I think we'll start flying further south in January eventually. 1.15 hour flight from Tampa.
                            Yes that does look relaxing’
                            In a different way this is really relaxing. Out for a morning snowshoe in the warm March sun.
                            No one around and complete silence.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post

Yes that does look relaxing’
                              In a different way this is really relaxing. Out for a morning snowshoe in the warm March sun.
                              No one around and complete silence.
                              I'll take that over a beach any day.

Comment

Remember to spring forward this morning but if you live in Saskatchewan just sip that coffee and enjoy your morning.

Now if you want the NDP to win the next election in Sask set your clock back a century!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...