• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Tom4CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tom4CWB

Hi, Tom I am to lazy/busy to look into this but figured you might already be on it.
    The latest call for RS/#1&2 doesnt include all train runs. Why would that be? I phoned Agri***** and my CSR said it was way east of me, I am thinking nobody in Alberta is going to vote for CWB anyways and Manitoba doesnt want to lose the CWB jobs but Sask might be open for bribery? Move the grain from the farmers who will appreciate it?
    Probably just paranoid and too much beer (is there such a thing?).
    All you Pro CWB Kooks feel free to explain to me how I should be grateful they are taking 80% of my HRS again this year.

Ron, I am on about my third rye and I seen Agri***** and almost spit it out!!
    Good one.

Just hauled another load of durum today which takes me up to 80% of the A. Did not grow any spring wheat this year but hardly remember durum being up there with spring wheat deliveries.

Sure glad I grew Navigator this year,100% delivered about a month ago.

This spring it is all canola,flax,oats,peas,barley (feed)- the board can keep all their programs(EPO's,final payments not matching PRO'S).

Oh well,one more rye than I better go check the cows.

Comment

i'd check your non-board bids before worrying too much about cwb delivery calls; depending on grade you can probably get a premium. all of sask is at $4/bu picked up now and mb/ab bids are between $4.50-5/bu. trick is getting out of your delivery commitment. good luck with that.

Comment

dpc, 5.10/bu net if/when i can finally move it. havent looked at getting out of cwb contract yet. hate dumping good milling wheat into the feed market.

Comment

Ron,

I have talked to many growers who uncontracted the A series 20%... including ourselves. I wouldn't be surprised if the CWB needs all the B CWRS... they could even end up short.

The low end CWRS is not going to the CWB... which will bring pool values DOWN as they sell high quality CHEAP... as the CWB will not have a choice.

Since I live in Alberta... I can't really speculate on whats up on deliveries in MB and SK...

There is much concern in Alberta that we are going to lose the barley vote... a poor turn out of returns would be a gift to "single minded" growers!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...