• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are wheat’s legs coming from?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was plus 1 here this morning now solid smoke.

Comment

wheat big jump up this morning

Comment

Seeding is getting late around here, usually the new crops are covering gumbo flats. Very few crops are seeded- most are making trial runs and a few crops are greening up.
        Last edited by sumdumguy; May 17, 2024, 08:14.

Comment

They keep downgrading Russian wheat crop from frost and lack of rainfall.Almost 10 mil shorter than 2 weeks ago. Maybe that war thing too ..... who knows! Could not seed yesterday ,too wet but least got the spraying done.

Comment

Wheat on the rise again, Minn up 10 cents, Kansas up 20 and Chicago up 18 cents. Looking like the trend line is finally up after resisting bullish news in the past, maybe the hedge funds will jump to the long side and spark a real rally. Hopeful the trend is your friend. I’m finally getting a 2nd chance to market my 23 crop that should have been dumped last fall.
            Last edited by Sodbuster; May 27, 2024, 19:46.

Comment

Most is priced, so price goes up...

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                Wheat on the rise again, Minn up 10 cents, Kansas up 20 and Chicago up 18 cents. Looking like the trend line is finally up after resisting bullish news in the past, maybe the hedge funds will jump to the long side and spark a real rally. Hopeful the trend is your friend. I’m finally getting a 2nd chance to market my 23 crop that should have been dumped last fall.
                Same here
                we priced some a month ago to cover bills. But it’s been a long time since last fall

Comment

Anyone know why the drop in cwrs price this week.

Comment

July Minneapolis Spring Wheat over the past month. Commodities are now in a broad-based global deflationary sell-off.

Most central banks globally are cutting rates to stem financial trainwreck in-progress.

Wheat caught in the cross-fire . . . .
                    errolanderson.substack.com

Comment

Errol

Do you think the bank of Canada went too high with interest rates and too long at these higher rates?

I heard Maklem say it takes a certain amount of time to see the effects from raising them but he never stopped.

3 percent would have been the number to stop at in my opinion and now they might have to go to 2percent in the decline..

Extremes don't help the economy.

Sadly these guys are paid lots of money to guinea pig their ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                        Anyone know why the drop in cwrs price this week.
                        Several reasons:

1. CBOT directs CWRS
                        2. The average contract holder of CBOT Wheat from May 16 2022 had been underwater, and the sell-off began when they got back to even.
                        3. This aligned with a test of the 200 WK MA at the same level.
                        4. Also aligning with a 23.6% retracement from the March 2022 high and the March 2022 low.
                        5. Also aligning with 9 weeks of price advance.

These are the reasons why we shorted CBOT wheat last week without paying attention to the news.

Some may point to news, a weather event or funnymentals, but the above are the reasons.

Comment

Next time give us some advance notice when you’re going to short the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                            Next time give us some advance notice when you’re going to short the market.
                            I share my ideas in my newsletters.

Comment

What about the loonie. A 25 basis cut yesterday shaved a cent off the loon now. If the BoC has to lower rates a couple percent, to hold off the Trudeau recession we all know is coming, we are looking at a 66c loon. Supportive for exports but punishing for any imports.

Both wheat and seed oils are in an oversold condition, reversal likely in next month.
                              Last edited by jazz; Jun 7, 2024, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                What about the loonie. A 25 basis cut yesterday shaved a cent off the loon now. If the BoC has to lower rates a couple percent, to hold off the Trudeau recession we all know is coming, we are looking at a 66c loon. Supportive for exports but punishing for any imports.

Both wheat and seed oils are in an oversold condition, reversal likely in next month.
                                I am always interested in how oversold/overbought conditions are determined.

What parameters are you using?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...