• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are wheat’s legs coming from?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Errol

Do you think the bank of Canada went too high with interest rates and too long at these higher rates?

I heard Maklem say it takes a certain amount of time to see the effects from raising them but he never stopped.

3 percent would have been the number to stop at in my opinion and now they might have to go to 2percent in the decline..

Extremes don't help the economy.

Sadly these guys are paid lots of money to guinea pig their ideas.
    Bucket, Central bankers are fixated on inflation, not the burdensome debt crisis driving the middle class toward poverty. They have effectively made a bad situation far worse chasing the rabbit down the wrong hole.

The consumer will solve inflation, not central bank policy. Just look at the hamburger wars just beginning. Asset values are tumbling.

Bank policy is always a knee-jerk reaction, not forward thinking.
    Dropping rates is helpful, but the crunch of this fallout lies ahead.

The bone I’m grinding is; Canada has been in-recession for more than a year now. The U.S. is in-recession. Central bankers strong motive to kid Joe public that a recession hasn’t arrived. Politically motivated? You decide.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...