• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C Change

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacific Ocean and the Sun output drive our weather 1000 x more than carbon
    no one will admit it though , has for a millennia.
    believe it or not there is something called cycles in climate and weather
    there is a shocker

Comment

And guess what it will and already has froze near the long weekend in May just like 8/10 years for centuries in western Canada

Comment

Cold spot in Sask on environmental Canada

Comment

Should be no worries but a lot of crop up around here

Comment

Was chilly overnight in this area

Comment

I have kept weather condition records on our farm. I boiled it down.

In the last 25 years, spring (April/May/June) was:
              Cold - 56% of the time
              36% too wet
              40% too dry
              40% too hot
              Only 2 springs of the last 25 had a combination of all the conditions.

In the last 30 years, summer (July/August/Sept) was:
              Cold - 13% of the time
              23% too wet
              23% too dry
              6.5% too hot
              7 of the last 30 summers had perfect growing conditions (moisture & heat)

Just the way it was.

Comment

That’s rather scary, lots of early crop up here although I don’t think any canola as most are just planting it now ,us included. Our barley sowed last Monday is all up nice . Seeds pop quick this time of May even with the limited sunlight we have had. We should hit the 75 % mark tonight , 1000 of canola to go yet.

Comment

Drying out now. Dry subsoil from the last 4 years has sucked up all the moisture. Some should go tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                    Never said climate, seems you cannot make a statement without context.
                    Listening to lefties is like reading the headlines of the supermarket tabloids in the checkout line. All nuts, everyone of them!

Comment

C change is happening here again this morning , been coming down hard with the past few hours

Comment

C Change happening here too. Due to excess rain, prospective canola fields are being engulfed by the sea. Already seeded wheat will be flooded by a sea as well. Rain today will guarantee unseeded acres.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                          Dry subsoil from the last 4 years has sucked up all the moisture.
                          Dryer springs with no big systems,only showers has been hard on the clover in the pastures here.
                          Clover improves the quality and the quantity in this country.
                          It's looking like the perfect spring to get that synergy going again.

Comment

Where is all this rain happening. We are wet but able to poke away , I really feel for you guys not able to seed. No worse feeling .

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                              Where is all this rain happening. We are wet but able to poke away , I really feel for you guys not able to seed. No worse feeling .
                              Amounts after "the big event" May 6 and 7 haven't been overly large here, but they continually put a brake on progress. It was about 5 days to get back in the field after 1.95-3" depending on area, then it seems like there's a 1/10th shower that sends you home at the end of the day early and prevents you from getting going till just before noon. Went till midnight last night then it started drizzling and off/on raining here about 6am.

Total rain here so far in May is low end 3" right at my yard, and about 4.5-5 on various pockets elsewhere. That is more rain than we received in the growing season for each of the last 3 years.

I've been poking away as well, as the ground seems "thirsty" and able to soak away the moisture very quickly, but it is VERY unusual here to be able see the drill behind the tractor and have mud on the packers/tires. I could get used to it... That said, I've been seeding peas since May 2 and should have been able to finish today and finally get onto durum. Had been hoping earlier in the year to use the super B's to reduce ferry trips to the field for 2 drills once we get onto durum, but the soft conditions are challenging on the clutch with just the pup hooked up.

May long is traditionally the time of year we like to have seeding wrapped up... Aint gonna happen this year. We'll get it in one way or another, but this is highly unusual for this neighborhood.

Comment

Solar flares and Elnino

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...