• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post seed burndown

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post seed burndown

Got durum seeded 8 days ago just barley breaking the surface in places. I did a burn down before seeding of korrex and gly however I see I missed a flush of wild oats that came thro. What are ppl thoughts of spot spraying gly in this situation of durum just poking thro? will it hurt the cereals much in your experience?

Spray it. The glyphosate won't hurt the wheat just breaking through the surface. Even if the wheat was larger and you took out 25% of it, its still worthwhile to spray it as you still have ample plant #'s.

Comment

Gly effective at two leaf. W.O. at two will kill .

Comment

I’ve done it before with oats. Worked well. Ground cracked barley still growing from seed and won’t suck in glyphosate. Make sure wild oats in 2 leaf.

Comment

We've sprayed wheat at emergence many times with no issues.

Comment

The bigger issue you’ll have is a poor kill on the small wild oats. Still worth doing I would say though.

Comment

Wild Oats need 2 leaves to DIE!

Comment

I was always told the reason it looked like it didn't kill one leaf is that you are in the early stages of a flush. You kill some but more come within hours.

When assessing time to spray if you find a problem spot and scape some layers back with your hand you can see what stage of the flush you are in same as you do for crop emergence.

Comment

thanks everyone for the input. will make my move later today if I go down the gly route. After having thought about it little more I do have everest (flucarbazone) in my chem shed right now and that might be the play I go in a week. the way the rains have been this yr a residual might be a good play to get the multiple flushes I know are coming. Its just a 80ac peice that I seemed to have missed my first timing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...