• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aust Wheat Forecast

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aust Wheat Forecast

With kind weather in aust forecast and many areas have had huge summer rains to dampen the sub soil Aust Wheat forecasters have predicted a 27 million tonne wheat crop 07 bit better than the 8.5 this year even that figure is in doubt as know one is sure of carryover from previous harvest.

Aust farmers will basically plant fence to fence wheat and all other crop acres to come off somewhat and be replaced with wheat.

Huge crop potential in Aust,Canada and US must have cp wondering how much higher wheat can go.......

Not really.

Comment

I have a question if Australia is growing wheat wall to wall, are they going to have no canola then, That will be great for me if that happens.
      USA blows smoke up our ass every year yes the Winter wheat will come out of winter in excellent condition its wet but when the summer comes if it gets dry the yield will be way lower.
      As far as Canadian potential its winter so guessing outcome at this time is a joke, Were froze up from sea to sea.

Comment

Gleaned this forcast from "Good Morning Prairies Report"

Wet, Warm Weather Seen For Canadian Prairies This Summer

The Canadian Prairies could be in for a wet, hot summer in 2007, according to Drew Lerner of World Weather Inc. in Kansas City. He thought planting conditions in the spring would be variable, with a warm, dry forecast for the western Prairies and a cool, wet outlook for the eastern growing regions.

In Alberta and western Saskatchewan, the bias is for a warm, dry spring, while eastern Saskatchewan and Manitoba will have a cooler and wetter bias, Lerner said.

Moving into the summer, "it looks like we'll see near to above-average precipitation for the entire Prairies," said Lerner. He thought the wetter weather would be primarily found in the southern half of the crop-growing areas.

"Most of the temperatures will be warmer than normal across the Prairies," Lerner added.

Comment

Malleefarmer,
          Didn't ABARE release yesterday that Aussie 2007 sorghrum crop is estimated at 996,000 MT, down from December estimates of 2 million MT. As well down from last years yield of 2 milion MT. They also released Australia would also likely be a net importer of grain this year. So what is it? You and ABARE have quite different stories. As well, after experiencing drought for 2 years in 2001-2003 our soil moisture reserves are just now starting to become close to normal and that is with 2 years of exceptional rainfall. I have never been to your country but with your heat I doubt your soil moisture could be built up sufficiently enough to factor in a 27 million MT wheat crop this year. As Dr. Phil says, "That dog don't hunt". I agree that Australian farmers will plant wall to wall wheat and probably a fair bit of barley. Your domestic prices are too high to grow canola. By the way how many acres of cotton does Australia grow and how is this years crop? Cheers

Comment

Summer rains have been heavy in parts of South Australia and West Australia, the rest of the growing region has been dry. Summer rains, although welcome, do not make the Aussie crop. The heavy rainfall areas received 3-6" during the 3 month period. Max temperatures during the same time frame would have ranged between 30-40C , so most of the additional moisture will be evaporated by the time planting comes in the fall (May-July).

A 27 MT crop would be a record by about 2 MT.

You are one optimistic guy maleefarmer!

Comment

No way aust will be a net importer there are still stocks from 2 years ago.
              Maybe be some imports of sorghum i think was the context it was said in but i doubt it.
              Sask yeas there will be a swing away from canola in my opinion but most of the acres will taken from pulse crops.

I was only bringing to attention what was reported and vader many many areas have had summer rain not 50 kms away they had three inches this week which will add bushels.

Tom gets newsletters from aust here is acutely aware of what is happening in aust.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...