• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merger

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm with kamichael on all counts. better a smart company taking over a dumb company than 2 dumb companies coming together.

Comment

Sask,

Maybe a constructive post would help. Vader takes a lot of crap from every direction. Agree or disagree with him, he is an asset to this web-site. So please repsect his opinions, as they are merely opinions. I didn't hear him insult your mother.

Comment

Apologize for taking off topic but what will be the relationship be between the barley plebescite and the merger. Expressing frustration when people want to bring everything in the kitchen sink on the barley discussion when barley has to be looked at as a separate decision made on its unique market characturistics.

Comment

Chaff the usual way they divest is by dynamiting the weakest links. It might sound okay to have more primary elevators , but if it is not accessible to you , it doesn't matter.

Comment

Aggie...I like your previous comments about farmer run companies......seems it must be more of the same at the CWB table also!!It will be interesting to watch the `Taliban` directors run that into the ground!!

Comment

Agstar77:

Who said anything about more primary elevators? Look to Charlie’s post – Richardson Agricore will have three facilities just east of Calgary. I’m gonna stick my neck out and suggest that at least one will have to go to a competitor if the merger goes ahead. And none of these are “weakest links”. (AU had to divest of a few when they merged - a some were world class assets.) If LDC or Bunge or Paterson or a new investor picks one of them up, a small firm just got bigger.

The other thing we should consider when we talk about competition is the competition from processors – ethanol plants, biodiesel, etc. All good.

Comment

I this at best case scenario from this merger is that we as farmers gain nothing and lose nothing.

Reasons why this merger will not benefit farmers:
                1) Yes there will be synergies from this merger bit they will not be passed on to farmers remember this will be a publicly traded company.

2) Less competition amongst buyers(grain companies) is always bad for sellers(farmers). How anyone can dispute this FACT is beyond belief.

My guess is most of the people who are supporting this are agricore stock holders. As am I by the way.

Comment

Charlie, since the government is pushing barley and wheat marketing choice it is only fair to comment on what the choices will be if the CWB no longer markets barley and wheat.

Comment

Cropduster, you are referring to the Strahl Taliban appointed directors are'nt you?

Comment

Well bg your up 13% on 500,000 volume.

Comment

What commoditie boom?eh pars

Comment

Agstar, there you go again with the fearmongering. A voluntary board is not its deathnell. There are plenty of producers out there who will still want the board to negotiate on their behalf and under the voluntary scenario it won't be limited to the present board grains.

Comment

Not fearmongering, just reality. No handling facilities and no financial backing not very likely to be able to compete, no matter how good your reputation or marketing skill.

Comment

Did I mention the loss of employees raided by the large grain companies and the loss of critical mass for an effective world marketer?

Comment

Reality is they don't need brick and mortar and are probably in a much better and more flexible position because of it. Not being locked down to particular facilities has advantages, they will all be competing for the grain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...