• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any takers ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously they have their place and will always be around. Accountant claims she hasn't seen a file yet where they "pencil". She doesn't have to get shit done...
    My farm is simply too "small".
    Partners with off farm careers will have to choose where to pare back time commitments. I know I can't do it anymore.
    We bought our last 3 right over the years and have a small investment per hour. Those days are gone.

Comment

We had an older patriot years ago that was a complete p.o.s.,traded it on a 4730 deere.Best piece of equipment i have ever purchased.I actually enjoy spraying,only issue we have had is with the gps which they fixed.We only spray 12 mph tops,but can still do 8 qrts a day easily.I have heard some other models are not so reliable,also its not the best in heavy mud, i have duals but havent used them yet.

Comment

Question about wheel motor failures in sprayers. It seems to be very common concurrence.
        On an excavator if a hydraulic motor or pump fails, it is taken for granted that the entire system is contaminated. The repair involves removing all hydraulic components, disassembling cleaning resealing and reassembling.
        Last I heard it was about a six-figure job on a 200 size excavator.
        I assume the same thing would apply to a sprayer, but I've never heard of anyone doing that. Are they just changing the failed wheel motor then keep changing components as they fail due to the first contamination? Or are they somehow filtered such that that is not possible for one failure to destroy everything else?
        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jun 11, 2024, 08:53.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Question about wheel motor failures in sprayers. It seems to be very common concurrence.
          On an excavator if a hydraulic motor or pump fails, it is taken for granted that the entire system is contaminated. The repair involves removing all hydraulic components, disassembling cleaning resealing and reassembling.
          Last I heard it was about a six-figure job on a 200 size excavator.
          I assume the same thing would apply to a sprayer, but I've never heard of anyone doing that. Are they just changing the failed wheel motor then keep changing components as they fail due to the first contamination? Or are they somehow filtered such that that is not possible for one failure to destroy everything else?
          I have never had it happen to me in over 400,000 acres sprayed.

But I have heard of neighbors having one go out. The dealership has a system to circulate through a filter system after draining and cleaning as much manually as possible. Was told they setup and circulate the oil for a few hours.

Comment

I'm not a fan of hydro-drives but in my limited experience wheel motors don't often see failures where stuff crunches up in the housing.
            Most often I have seen where you get enough wear on the internals the oil slips by and that motor doesn't produce much pull.
            You can try a dead push like a big hill and the wheels won't spin with full power applied.
            The crunching up comes in the power hub. Same as on a FWA tractor. The little sun gears spin the teeth off.
            The old stuff had too small sized power hubs.
            DYOD.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...