• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    Or the climate boiling Geebow? Wildfires?
    Was just a matter of time this moisture pushed NW into the peace during wetter cycles,
    but sadly a few with the loudest mouths have zero clue and just yap propaganda

Comment

One week precipitation outlook in inches of accumulated precipitation. Lentils won't be happy.
      Last edited by biglentil; Jun 26, 2024, 05:57.

Comment

Holy Mackerel, is that 2 + 1/2 inches?

Comment

Looks like 3 to 4 inches for us good thing we cut more hay Did 80 miles of back roads hauling equipment from auction sale in Brandon. Not one canola field had ground covered yet and many you could not see the rows . The odd good standing wheat crop. Only crop looking good in our area is guys with Rye crops for now.

Comment

Looks like MB is going to be a swamp.

Comment

Hmm, I live in a different world in central Alberta apparently.. We are dry and really hoping for rain. Alfalfa now has brown leafs. No pasture regrowth. Lawns are brown. 2 or even 3 inches would be welcome here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                Hmm, I live in a different world in central Alberta apparently.. We are dry and really hoping for rain. Alfalfa now has brown leafs. No pasture regrowth. Lawns are brown. 2 or even 3 inches would be welcome here.
                Even if I have puddles its unwise for me to ever detest moisture.

Seeding was a shitshow. New to me equipment and all that comes with it, combined with increased acreage, as well as considerable delays due to rain events meant late seeding... but realistically we're only at average rainfall for this time of the year. If you cut the grass it dies, pastures without significant moisture are by and large done for the year, and crops are *hungry* right now.

Comment

Almost dried out from last 4 in. Could be looming disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

yes a good bud from Makwa said same thing this morning
                    not good
                    they not terribly bad but Meadow east is completely screwed,
                    Remember years ago makwa meadow had a lot more hay. Lots got broke and farmed. Hay grows super thick. Few other places it does that.

Comment

Yes all through that area and north to Dorintosh to Goodsoil produce huge hay crops

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                        Looks like 3 to 4 inches for us good thing we cut more hay Did 80 miles of back roads hauling equipment from auction sale in Brandon. Not one canola field had ground covered yet and many you could not see the rows . The odd good standing wheat crop. Only crop looking good in our area is guys with Rye crops for now.
                        Yes same Wadena to Tisdale, lots are tiny, slow growing due to pounding rain/hail. And record COLD …Geebow ????

Comment

Seeded some barley a good couple weeks ago on some low ground we worked several times and thought should’ve been warm enough to pop but it’s taking its sweet ass time. Nothing excessive wet just cold. It’s my kids field and oats last year sucked so he said screw those stupid hard to market things and grow barley. Funny how a matter of a few miles south and crops more advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                            Seeded some barley a good couple weeks ago on some low ground we worked several times and thought should’ve been warm enough to pop but it’s taking its sweet ass time. Nothing excessive wet just cold. It’s my kids field and oats last year sucked so he said screw those stupid hard to market things and grow barley. Funny how a matter of a few miles south and crops more advanced.
                            Seeing huge differences here
                            the later stuff not going to catch up this year .
                            will be huge maturity differences and grades come fall I believe

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                              All the low dried spots we seeded, flooded drown out ☹️. Some times just stay in yard.
                              this is one of those times.

Comment

Looks like up to four inches in 24 hrs with 80 k winds, that will flatten anything with any growth.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...