• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday week 11

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The happiest day in a disc owner's life? The day he sells it!

Comment

Definitely not excessive moisture but not shy of it. Planted my wheat deep as usual thinking it needed in some moisture but neighbours who consistently seed shallower look like heroes. Seeded barley at same depth as canola and it won’t be long before it catches up to wheat seeded 3 weeks earlier. Funny brome is headed and alfalfa hasn’t thrown a bud which is good. Volunteer canola in canola is epidemic on my travels across the country. Did a few fields with command pro and conquer for that issue and to take care of clover. Think the conquer which is aim and bromoxynil is the answer. Canola on canola has little to none volunteers. Fields I didn’t do that are full of volunteers. Probably switch over to different ht canola system.

Comment

Frost advisory for tonight. That's a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Frost advisory for tonight. That's a new one.
          I see that , most central Alberta
          most western Sask might be by morning as well

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Will crop insurance write anything off this early ?
            sorry to hear that from very wet areas .
            I have to say that I think Crop Insurance handles things differently now. No need for crops to be cut for feed most areas. So I am betting wet or dry they will make you take the crop to harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
              Some days when spraying Liberty I think the Law Society [tort division] talked BASF into mixing in some helium molecules into their product.
              Interestingly, I bought the required 1.35l with the seed, but we spray 1.6. The extra we need came from FBN. Drift was noticeably lower with the generic. In a few days we can judge the difference in weed control. Maybe it will all come from FBN next year.

A fraction of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

Interestingly, I bought the required 1.35l with the seed, but we spray 1.6. The extra we need came from FBN. Drift was noticeably lower with the generic. In a few days we can judge the difference in weed control. Maybe it will all come from FBN next year.

A fraction of the cost.
                Let us know on the results. Spraying conditions for liberty have been impossible here with winds 70k then dead calm the next day with cold temps.

Comment

Hope your superb looking conola crop will be OK , unbelievable to be getting frost at almost longest day of the year

Comment

Climate changed alright.....to shyt!

Comment

Makes me wonder if it’s going to be worth it to spray?
                      cold wind and barely 10 degrees at noon. Planted April 30 but has struggled its whole life in water.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                        cold wind and barely 10 degrees at noon. Planted April 30 but has struggled its whole life in water.
                        Give your decision and timing some serious thought... Phytotoxicity is running wild this yr in all crops with all the conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                          That’s a very unfortunate situation
                          that and “warm” weather continues to be pushed a few days away

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Hopefully sugar levels in plants high enough to prevent any damage the next hour
                            Your cnl crop looks/ed outstanding.. curious when it was planted.

Seen many photos on Facebook today of pp having frost the last couple of nights.

Comment

Makes one wonder if climate change spraying contributed to the frost in some areas yesterday morning. As the clouds parted yesterday morning, you could see that a lot of it had been done. The government is trying to make it more difficult to farm in the west. Yes they are that full of evil.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...