• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cereal Fungicide

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest reason for fungicide is fusarium, can’t afford wheat to be downgraded to feed or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
      Sphaerex and Miravis are both good products. Just use what works best for your programs if u are using them.
      After pricing fungicides the last few days I have to ask why not forget programming and buy generic versions? Generic Prosaro is roughly 1/2 the price, no amount of programming will make that up. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

All generics here.

Comment

Doing more math here too . The newer Sphaerex is over $22 before rebate which is supposed to be $5 or $6. Compared this to the old Folicur generic. A tote of Tebbie on sale the other day made it under $4 per acre.
          Last edited by jamesb; Jul 3, 2024, 17:45.

Comment

We are in a wet area its just common practise. Its about bushels and if you want a number that's high you cover every base. If you miss one step maybe yu ou don't see a benefit. 1 in 10 you lose the rest are a win win.

Comment

Turning 28-30 next week for a while.
              We'll see...

Comment

We’re using mostly generic here, we will use 320 acres of a Syngenta fungicide to maximize my rebate from them, Meravis Ace will cost me $22/acre but will get back $34/acre. Bayer program is a wash so probably won’t participate.

Comment

There isnt even algae in the lakes. It was 8 deg here 3 nights in a row last week.

I think you are throwing time and $25 an acre into a hole but each to their own.

I dont want to delay maturity even a day this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

After pricing fungicides the last few days I have to ask why not forget programming and buy generic versions? Generic Prosaro is roughly 1/2 the price, no amount of programming will make that up. Just my 2 cents.
                    To each his own. Use those products because we have seen good results and returns along with programs we are in so will stick with what works. Sometimes have issues with the knock off products so stick with what has worked for us

Comment

Algae growing good in new slews and puddles in the yard

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post

To each his own. Use those products because we have seen good results and returns along with programs we are in so will stick with what works. Sometimes have issues with the knock off products so stick with what has worked for us
                        Yes I have had issues with both name brand and generic products but not many. With me there was really not much in the programming benefit this year as for the first time in a decade I am growing RR canola. A good portion is Pioneer and Brevant. Corteva has Viatude fungicide for canola which is around $20 an acre. In the past I have used name brand products like Cotegra on my canola and I have used generics. I can’t see a difference. I have seen good results on barley over the years as well as on CPS wheat. On peas if we get rain they are flat, if it is dry they stand regardless what fungicide I use and on peas it was always name brand products. Back to canola, generally lack of rain is my biggest yield killer not sclerotinia. Newer varieties seem to stand better and I see much less infection regardless of whether I spray or not hence my lack of enthusiasm on spending $20 an acre on fungicide.

Comment

I would be cautious with using Miravis Ace causing it to stay green longer then you want it to. I think its a good product otherwise.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...