• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday Week 13

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post RD414

Comment

I loved him in Sons of Anarchy.

Ok, also, nice picture

1.25 to 1.5 in so far, and six-quarters of Canola still to spray.

Comment

USDA Neutral today?

Canola is behind this year and with major rain Acres are dropping every Inch we get in Saskatchewan.

Comment

Pulse crops by far in the biggest trouble in most western Canada
          and yup canola acres going backwards as fast as maturity

Comment

Worst thing one can do now is check their Growing degree days. You want to get a sick feeling look into that. We need Heat and lots real soon. Next week looks like a loss.

Comment

My fear would be the canola starts to bolt and flower next week before the plants get any size.
              Used to see that happen in springs with lots of rain that washed the nutrients down below the limited root system on the delayed plants.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                My fear would be the canola starts to bolt and flower next week before the plants get any size.
                Used to see that happen in springs with lots of rain that washed the nutrients down below the limited root system on the delayed plants.
                Seeing that here , hopefully this smaller rain amounts can get the roots moving down . Bolting way before it should be.

Comment

Yes, this area, obviously has N wash down. Was so dry empty subsoil, now endless rain taking nutrients away. Shallow roots won't go deeper. Canola will bolt, stay short, yield half, seen it all before.

Comment

I hear ya almost like the canola forgot to cabbage, maybe knows something we don't. Forecast low of 4 in Regina tonight usually we end up 4 degrees lower.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                      I hear ya almost like the canola forgot to cabbage, maybe knows something we don't. Forecast low of 4 in Regina tonight usually we end up 4 degrees lower.
                      June 29 tomorrow
                      how’s that heat and drought worse than the 20’s and 30’s doin everyone that chucky was extremely falsely proclaiming ?

Comment

Plus 2 at 5 am by town and starting to climb at 6 but two weeks ago it was the same and it froze. ****!

Plus 7 at our yard and 6 at all of our other stations north of town.

Comment

It sure reminds me of 2002 and 2004 and didn't we have big solar flares that spring? Climate change my ass!

Comment

Here is the 2024 GDU for Saskatchewan and past years and average that I got sent to me by a friend.

Comment

Reminds me of 92. Finished at U of S and decided farming would be fun. Bought some land and went atter. That year it froze in August. Shitty fall so didn’t finish harvest til late October. Crops were average to below avg depending on crop type. Next year started out early and drier. BUT she went down hill from there. Cold and cloudy then the rain started and didn’t quit til October. 37 inches later the crop came off. What there was of it. 16 bushel wheat. 8 bushel canola. Peas were 2-3. Oats was better. Around 100. It snowed that year on September 12-13 I think and not a skiff. She was a full on foot of heavy wet shit. Oats were flat as piss on a platter everything else was so crappy it didn’t matter. I think those 2 years traumatized me for the last 31-32 of my farming life. What goes around comes around. Just hope I never see a 93 again.
                              Crestliner on the GDD day thing we are behind almost 300 from last year but slightly ahead of our longer term average. Only because we seeded so early. Hope she warms up to normal at least.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...