• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who is INVESTING in Genesis Fertilizers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who is INVESTING in Genesis Fertilizers?

Marketing guys are visiting farms, promoting farmer shareholders. Big info day at Ag in Motion.

Why don’t farmers just band together and do anything themselves? Cut out the people that aren’t investing their own money?

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
      Why don’t farmers just band together and do anything themselves? Cut out the people that aren’t investing their own money?
      Every project needs a champion. It is an incredible amount of work to steer a project like this through design, fundraising, finance and delivery.

That said, credibility of those directing a project has a huge impact on its success.

They aren't likely to get my money because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

Every project needs a champion. It is an incredible amount of work to steer a project like this through design, fundraising, finance and delivery.

That said, credibility of those directing a project has a huge impact on its success.

They aren't likely to get my money because of that.
        Building a world scale nitrogen plant is a ginormous undertaking. My opinion of the principals in this enterprise is a matter of public record but leaving that aside, its an unbelievably large undertaking. Its not going to happen because a couple of shysters and a few hundred or even a few thousand farmers band together. I'm sorry but the project is DOA for a host of reasons.

Comment

In credit to Agricity this year and last, all chemical arrived timely. Worked as advertised. No issues at all. Salesmen answered the phone every time.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post

Building a world scale nitrogen plant is a ginormous undertaking. My opinion of the principals in this enterprise is a matter of public record but leaving that aside, its an unbelievably large undertaking. Its not going to happen because a couple of shysters and a few hundred or even a few thousand farmers band together. I'm sorry but the project is DOA for a host of reasons.
            A large storage shed near rail would be the first step in the process. It is needed in the event they actually build but until then they could take advantage of lows in the market to fill and make margin to help finance the actual plant. Having the ability to buy from multiple fertilizer manufacturers probably would be a good first step for any retail.

We are expected to store our grain to help the logistics work , maybe its time the retails store their product instead of farmers storing fertilizer wearing out $100k augers and conveyors.

Comment

There are no "lows in the market". North American nitrogen production is an oligopoly that carefully manages pricing. Canada essentially consumes the nitrogen we produce domestically but there are timing issues between production and consumption. There are times during the year when the domestic producers need to export and there are times when they allow imports to come in.

The real question for a world scale nitrogen plant should be where the output is going to go. There's a lot of pressure focused on Canadian agriculture which may tend to reduce our nitrogen consumption. Even if you reject that possibility its hard to build a case for dramatic increases in consumption of natural gas based nitrogen. There's also competing technologies which may tend to displace Haber Bosch.

Leaving aside the reputation of the Genesis principals this is one of those ideas that's easier to support the less you know about the industry.

Comment

It won’t work. I truly wish it would, nothing better than to be able to produce our own N. But it’s like setting up a meat packing plant, the existing players have just too deep of pockets and are too entrenched with industry and government. They’ll starve you out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...