• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report week 15.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herc View Post

You might be surprised at how well the crop does by putting phos down ur fert knife on ur seedmaster. I was skeptical putting it all down the fert knife years ago and will never seed place phos ever again.
    How much separation do you have between seed and fertilizer? I can understand seed placed if your mid row banding but if it’s a paired row or side band double shoot opener keeping it simple and putting everything away from the seed. I got enough acres rocked by hail and right now I could care less about splitting hairs on stuff cause nature still determines our success.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post

You might be surprised at how well the crop does by putting phos down ur fert knife on ur seedmaster. I was skeptical putting it all down the fert knife years ago and will never seed place phos ever again.
      we do half dry , half alpine
      we just fine
      know your salt tolerance
      what we do is ok lol , way beyond most
      you are not wrong at all off all dry phos in seed row
      actually we are 70% alpine , 30 % dry , we ok
      Absolutely bet a maturity difference with any other system
      Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 14, 2024, 02:11.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

we do half dry , half alpine
        we just fine
        know your salt tolerance
        what we do is ok lol , way beyond most
        you are not wrong at all off all dry phos in seed row
        actually we are 70% alpine , 30 % dry , we ok
        Absolutely bet a maturity difference with any other system
        Looked on radar like more moisture in your area yesterday, is that correct? Still dry as a popcorn fart here and hoping for rain but I think that train has left the station.

Comment

Got 5 mm
          looked like way more on radar just west of here but not sure

Comment

Got 5 mm
            looked like way more on radar just west of here but not sure
            1/2” here. 1” to 4” 2 days before.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

1/2” here. 1” to 4” 2 days before.
              Much for hail damage from Thursday? You said some bad in your area.

Comment

Much for hail damage from Thursday? You said some bad in your area.
                North and east of me thousands of acres completely wiped out. Even close to home had a canola field beat bad but rest untouched. My kid and his cousins were out on the side by side several miles from their place when it hit. They took refuge under the side by side under a tree but got beat by golf ball size at times. Cousin had to rescue them.

Comment

That was a nasty system

Comment

Youre welcome! We concocted that up over in alberta with some drones and skunk piss

Sent it your way. ...

Definitely ordered the funnel cloud urine add on tho weird...

Comment

Going with a more biologically farm system. Not supposed to have any plant available phos for the first 2 weeks after seeding. Plants won’t colonize with fungi if there is plant available phos. Used 2 pounds of 8-60-01. I have high phos levels on all crop tissue tests this last week. Next year I’m going to cut out the 2#

Comment

Conventional wisdom says granular and even liquid phos you will only see about 35% available the year it is applied. The rest gets tied up in the soil and biological activity breaks it down over successive years. Gabe brown says there’s enough phosphorus already present in a lot of decent soils but you need a robust soil biology to make plant available and all kinds of plants to access the deep stuff. Possibly true but my bullshit meter starts to squeal. I don’t know honestly what to think either way. Definitely benefits to deep rooted alfalfa or sunflowers. Seen marginal ground perform out of a long term perennial forage once the moisture is recharged. Don’t think enough of us have enough years left in the game to see these things to come to fruition. Water limits.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                          Conventional wisdom says granular and even liquid phos you will only see about 35% available the year it is applied. The rest gets tied up in the soil and biological activity breaks it down over successive years. Gabe brown says there’s enough phosphorus already present in a lot of decent soils but you need a robust soil biology to make plant available and all kinds of plants to access the deep stuff. Possibly true but my bullshit meter starts to squeal. I don’t know honestly what to think either way. Definitely benefits to deep rooted alfalfa or sunflowers. Seen marginal ground perform out of a long term perennial forage once the moisture is recharged. Don’t think enough of us have enough years left in the game to see these things to come to fruition. Water limits.
                          how do you think redwood trees grow to be over 200 ft tall and 10 ft wide? the nutrients required to grow those trees is simply stagering. The Rhizophagy cycle. plants farming microbes. interesting stuff.

[url]https://youtu.be/yMr3_tGeAu8?si=-BsGyt-0mFhWMm06[/url]
                          Last edited by helmach; Jul 14, 2024, 22:48.

Comment

Originally posted by helmach View Post

how do you think redwood trees grow to be over 200 ft tall and 10 ft wide? the nutrients required to grow those trees is simply stagering. The Rhizophagy cycle. plants farming microbes. interesting stuff.

[url]https://youtu.be/yMr3_tGeAu8?si=-BsGyt-0mFhWMm06[/url]
                            I don’t doubt it. We know less about what we stand on than what we know about outer space. Though redwoods have centuries to make these symbiotic relationships with soil biology. Year to year in a farming system we don’t have that timeframe. It’s like what built our soils. It took 10000 years.

Comment

And in nature, the redwood tree returns all of its nutrients back into the soil eventually. Closed loop system. Whereas agriculture removes a large portion of the nutrients.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...