• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a voice.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
    We are the most environmental farmers in the world.
    Its a market advantage in a competitive world.

We have created an advantage in marketing. We are ESG producers.

How can anyone find anything negative about claiming the territory?

The Question: Do we have a voice in our Ag Associations is Valid.
    Indeed we should expect them to at the very least agree to champion our success in being the most efficient productive producers in the world.

Only fools would ignore this opportunity.
    If one were to make the naive assumption that the current definition of ESG is a fixed target, and the goal post will not be moved in time. Then perhaps playing along to get along might have some merit.
    But when all evidence indicates that the originators of these toxic ideologies have a goal nothing short of eliminating conventional agriculture and reliable energy, along with all of the inputs required for unreliable energy, I don't see how we win this game which will have ever evolving targets.

At some point we simply have to admit that the King has no clothes. Do that as soon as possible rather than being complicit in the nonsense.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 17, 2024, 11:43.

Comment

Customers for Canadas grains crops are all 3rd world countries. They dont give a fck about esg and wont pay more for it.

It would be stupid to align ourselves with an ideology like that. And to front run it just in the hopes somebody eventually pats on our backs and rewards us is lunacy.

Comment

A perfect example is Triffid flax. Our customers said they would not accept it . So the breeders decided to ignore these requests, who ended up paying?

I know the answer, but no one that created the mess was ever held accountable.

These programs have to have a monetary accountability to them. Otherwise farmer keep paying. In lost markets , or prices.

Comment

I think if we stick our necks out, the woke jokes will make us a target. They already are so jealous of farmers. They think we are coddled by government.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Customers for Canadas grains crops are all 3rd world countries. They dont give a fck about esg and wont pay more for it.

It would be stupid to align ourselves with an ideology like that. And to front run it just in the hopes somebody eventually pats on our backs and rewards us is lunacy.
            Very good point. My son wants to make perfect bales. I tell him a cow will eat a battery if given a chance. Hungry people don't care about our good stewardship, they care about getting fed.

Comment

Tough crowd. I can see why nothing changes.
              I too got tired of hearing about the highest quality wheat in the world while it's base value was set by the price of the lowest.
              Good marketing is good practice all the same.
              Whether ESG or Code of Practice, I still say the biggest threat within our control is our own government.
              But eventually the 200,000 acre farms may have the political influence and understanding we never will.

Comment

To the tough crowd group: How would being branded the most environmental farmers in the world hurt us?

JAZZ the lunacy is in thinking there is no merit in being the best in the global industry.

The carbon tax, distance to market, and FSU production & geographic advantages mean buyers will look to Canada for supply necessity.

A profitable future belongs to those who strive to define supply attributes that can satisfy the ingredient requirements of major food companies that demand safe, quality supplies.

We are 67% better than our competitors. If that does not matter to you as a marketing tool, we must all be lunatics.

How many of you actually read the study?

Last edited by westernvicki; Jul 24, 2024, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
                  A profitable future belongs to those who strive to define supply attributes
                  If producers could succeed in being the ones who define the parameters..

I have my doubts that that is how it plays out in the real world.

Comment

The customer is always right of course. I think we're all concerned about governments defining parameters.

Comment

How are we the most environmentally sounds farmers in the world. There are 1 billion peasant farmers in India and China still using oxen and no chemicals or fertilizers.

Are we really saying our carbon footprint is lower than that?

Comment

If you read the study, which obviously you did not, you will see that they compare our competitors in the global market.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          The customer is always right of course. I think we're all concerned about governments defining parameters.

Ingredient buyers determine their preference; this is the target market.

Claiming this territory indeed helps farmers to define THEIR parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            If producers could succeed in being the ones who define the parameters..

I have my doubts that that is how it plays out in the real world.
                            We have never claimed a voice and so we get the parameters defined for us.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...