• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backyarditis

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove between here and Dafoe the last 2 days. Couple observations:

1a) between home and saskatoon there are an ungodly amount of lentils in!
    1b) between Marengo and at least rosetown if not further, a pile of those lentils are HATING life! Massive drownouts and disease issues.
    2) Cereal crops from Oyen all the way east look genuinely jungle like. They are very late though.
    3) there seems to be more Canola in than I remember in previous years. In the flood zone there is some poorer looking stuff, but generally most canola crops look impressive to me, a non canola grower.

As for here, we're in big trouble. Early seeded cereals that looked phenomenal last week are aborting whole heads in some places, and the top half of heads in most places. Kernels are soft dough and extremely skinny! Canola is all going out of flower. Early seeded may fill decently, but I suspect everything is going to be challenging to keep in the combine.

4" in may set the stage for aggressive growth. 2" in June was enough to maintain. Last significant rain was June 29th. soil moisture is non-existent at this point. Forecast says a week+ of mid to high 90° weather. I suspect this crop will be another let down.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...