• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop estimate.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can have all the best technology they want. Not sure how the silver, white canola fields look from high above. The durum is starting to look as white as snow on the ground.

Comment

We have had 100 degree heat for the last 4 days here. Crops are hurting bad. Supposed to be wind of 70 km today . That should be great for the crop.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
        They can have all the best technology they want. Not sure how the silver, white canola fields look from high above. The durum is starting to look as white as snow on the ground.
        It shows up big time , they know severe damage being done in huge areas .
        Yield prospects are plummeting

Comment

Does smoke interfere with ndvi imagery? It sureee seemed to have messed with the weather forecast. The last 2 day rain forecast wasnt even closeeeeeeeee to what they predicted. 100% ... 1 to 1.5 inches.
          got less than 1/2.

for about 6 hrs it said it was raining where i was but it was just smoke and sunshine......

Weird.

Comment

Count your blessings you got any rain whatsover.

Comment

Somewhere must have got enough rain, canola dropped like a rock overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                Does smoke interfere with ndvi imagery? It sureee seemed to have messed with the weather forecast. The last 2 day rain forecast wasnt even closeeeeeeeee to what they predicted. 100% ... 1 to 1.5 inches.
                got less than 1/2.

for about 6 hrs it said it was raining where i was but it was just smoke and sunshine......

Weird.
                Agree , smoke had to mess with radar , been a buzzard past 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
                  Somewhere must have got enough rain, canola dropped like a rock overnight.
                  Rains completely dissipating as this system enters NW Sask

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Rains completely dissipating as this system enters NW Sask
                    Last significant moisture was July 1st here. 12 inches before that. Thankful for a bit of a cool down now at least.

Comment

Sounds like winds blew most of the rain away in nw sask. My weather station on the fritz so can’t remote view my rain amounts from where I’m at.

Comment

Good thing my nutrien guy talked me into using radiant.

Comment

Gosh I hate making predictions on what my own crop will do let alone some blob in an office looking at satellite maps. Problem is I make a prediction and am wrong I look like a fool and could jeopardize my farm but no recourse for the butheads in the farm media or the trade. On the road to Idaho for a well deserved trip and Montana looks alright for this time of year but I haven’t got out and checked elevators or talked to farmers so I have no bloody clue. I’m about as clueless as the Townsends of the world or the guys at glacier media.

The black soil zone which I farm in can grow a decent crop most years. This year there is lots of canola in and some looks alright but more looks late and horrible. Some guy sitting in a newsroom in Regina or the trading room in Winnipeg is so far removed they have no idea except for maps and ground truthers. They can’t keep perpetuating their bs forever.

Comment

I've never understood how the Burnett's got paid.
                            I can only assume their is better info out there owned by those who keep it to themselves.
                            ??????

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                              They can’t keep perpetuating their bs forever.
                              ahh but they can, and they will, and it will only get worse I'm afraid!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...