• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday Week 17

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regina's exhibition starts next week and we usually get rain. Last night's storms were just like pissing in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      We were going to be staying at the little cabins in Jasper. Cancelled.

Whats something to see between the Columbia ice fields to RedDeer and Drumheller
      Kananaskis is the largely unknown mountain area in Alberta, worth a visit.

Dinosaur provincial park is NE of Brooks and is impressive if you have never seen it.

Kayak tour on the red deer river or bow river are good.

Lots of whitewater rafting on the upper red deer river or bow or kananaskis rivers.

Quad or side by side trips west of Red Deer.

Lots of local rodeo’s and chuckwagon races going on, that can be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post

Kananaskis is the largely unknown mountain area in Alberta, worth a visit.

Dinosaur provincial park is NE of Brooks and is impressive if you have never seen it.

Kayak tour on the red deer river or bow river are good.

Lots of whitewater rafting on the upper red deer river or bow or kananaskis rivers.

Quad or side by side trips west of Red Deer.

Lots of local rodeo’s and chuckwagon races going on, that can be fun.

If you are looking for some high class intellectual tourist sights, might I recommend the following:
        Gopher museum in Torrington.
        Worlds largest sausage at Mundare.
        Worlds largest perogy at Glendon.
        Worlds largest easter egg at Vegreville.
        Worlds largest golf tee at trochu.
        Giant Potatoes at Vauxhaul.

Alberta is full of cultural masterpieces.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

If you are looking for some high class intellectual tourist sights, might I recommend the following:

The esso at Vauxhaul is a wonder in itself.

Comment

So who are the big golfers at Trochu? The Freres or the Stankeviches?

Comment

I met one of the Frere’s at the garage in Trochu some 20 years ago waiting on a semi tire to be fixed. Great conversation I’ll never forget.

Comment

I almost forgot about the big tourist destination even closer to home.
                Worlds biggest fishing lure at Lacombe. We were passing through today, so we made the detour to see it with our own eyes. Breathtaking, highly recommend. The line up to view it was comparable to the Mona Lisa in the Louvre, it's just that popular. Once in a lifetime experience, don't miss the opportunity when you are in the area.
                I'd rate it even higher than the worlds biggest beaver in Beaverlodge which we had the pleasure of partaking a few days ago. That one probably attracts or confuses more than a few unsuspecting google searchers.

If you have any time left after that, you are welcome to stop by here for a visit.

Comment

When they put that giant beaver up in Beaverlodge, the town 10 miles down the road put up a giant beaver trap. It was hilarious, but the powers that be have no humor so down it came. Other humorous things that came out of it was a hair salon named "The Sheared Beaver". But before you laugh, it was called that due to a Mouton fur coat and hat brought here from the old country.
                  Last edited by littledoggie; Jul 27, 2024, 08:44.

Comment

I almost forgot about the big tourist destination even closer to home.
                    Worlds biggest fishing lure at Lacombe. We were passing through today, so we made the detour to see it with our own eyes. Breathtaking, highly recommend. The line up to view it was comparable to the Mona Lisa in the Louvre, it's just that popular. Once in a lifetime experience, don't miss the opportunity when you are in the area.
                    I'd rate it even higher than the worlds biggest beaver in Beaverlodge which we had the pleasure of partaking a few days ago. That one probably attracts or confuses more than a few unsuspecting google searchers.

If you have any time left after that, you are welcome to stop by here for a visit.
                    If you stop at the fishing lure you should go south a block and east a half block to "Blindman Brewing". It is about 400 meters from the coop cardlock and there has been a combine picking up supplies there a time or two.

Comment

Gets me driving around certain areas and equipment just parked and left for years if not decades. Some areas more so than others. Old Massey combines seems to be a popular thing to set and forget.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                        Gets me driving around certain areas and equipment just parked and left for years if not decades. Some areas more so than others. Old Massey combines seems to be a popular thing to set and forget.
                        Here its cockshutt 428s.

Comment

And away we go first stop Castle Butte Sask, then over to east end of Scotty, Maple Creek and Cyprus Hills and on to Fort Walsh. Medicine hat. 21 days since last major rain for us, roots are going down but the massive crop has left the building, cooler weather the last 7 days has helped

Comment

And away we go first stop Castle Butte Sask, then over to east end of Scotty, Maple Creek and Cyprus Hills and on to Fort Walsh. Medicine hat. 21 days since last major rain for us, roots are going down but the massive crop has left the building, cooler weather the last 7 days has helped

Comment

Welcome back LARRY.

Comment

Can you describe “massive” for the people?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...