• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after market concaves

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after market concaves

anyone use thunderstruck concaves? wheat, canola, lentils, peas, flax, canary seed?
    or perhaps Mad, SunnyB, Harvest?

Following.
    I swore off aftermarket parts years ago and stuck to that.
    I don't have the patience to use the drop pan I have.
    But after an accidental experiment last fall I rethought that.
    I feel I'm creating too much MOG in the rotor.
    Trying Mads in the 9240 this fall.
    Should be interesting in this light crop.

Comment

We went to Mad concaves on our S680's a couple years ago. We have been really happy. Use the .225 concave for wheat and the finger grate concave for barley , oats and canola. After the initial set up its quick and easy to swap out modules.

Comment

Have sunnys in a 690 they are fantastic. Way more wheat on wheat threshing and can open it up a bit.

Have mads in a new holland that are great. Wouldnt run stock concaves again on any rig.

Both are heavy heavy built.

Comment

We run a 8120 and 8230. 8230 tuned to 530 hp. The 8120 to 485 hp. I have 2 different versions of Sunnybrook, an older version I bought used and a set I bought new in 2022. Neither would thrash Viewfield wheat as good as I wanted. Used Case hard thresh in module 1 last year in the 8230, that worked. Then we bought Mad finger grate for module 1 and .375 last fall for the 8120 for canola. Works very well. Bought Mad for both combines for this year. Going to use .225 in module 1 and .375 in module 2 for wheat. Then use finger grate in canola. Also we have large tube rotor in both combines. Both have had the rub bars replaced in the last 2 years.

Comment

Interesting. Left the hard thresh out last fall on Viewfield and it worked better. Gonna try 300s and 375s.

Careful with heat tuning those girls.

Comment

For the Case flagships, Mad concaves are great for reducing whitecaps, our dockage is often under 1%. Don't be afraid to run some rotor speed in cereals, 1050rpm plus. Faster the rotor the more the capacity. Take your top adjustable seive out throw em in the bush, get some harvest fixed airfoil chaffers. Run lots of wind and keep you bottom seive wide open. Put your shoe in small grain position. Set your combine based on concave clearance and wind thats it. Put the hammer down and enjoy the cleanest, lowest loss sample you've ever had. Works great in everything including canola, get a bit of spearing but who cares.
              Last edited by biglentil; Jul 27, 2024, 18:00.

Comment

Sounds like the way I ran my 1680s.

Comment

Put MADS in a 9.9 NH , then up your game

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    For the Case flagships, Mad concaves are great for reducing whitecaps, our dockage is often under 1%. Don't be afraid to run some rotor speed in cereals, 1050rpm plus. Faster the rotor the more the capacity. Take your top adjustable seive out throw em in the bush, get some harvest fixed airfoil chaffers. Run lots of wind and keep you bottom seive wide open. Put your shoe in small grain position. Set your combine based on concave clearance and wind thats it. Put the hammer down and enjoy the cleanest, lowest loss sample you've ever had. Works great in everything including canola, get a bit of spearing but who cares.
                    You have run your Case flagship with the reduced throw angle small grains position? I did change my CR9070 when I had it to the reduced angle, I have never tried it on my Case Ih flagship combines. I certainly agree higher rotor speed is beneficial.

Comment

Getting the same replies off of agriville, anyone with SunnyB or Mad that have them really like them in wheat barley canola and peas, Harvest services ones are very well built also if like more OEM style, think it will come down which can do flax and canary best? anyone do either of those? Havent found any info on the thunderstruck so far.

My issue with the OEM is canola seems to be more difficult with the new canola varieties pod shatter seem to need more thresh which leads to more cracking etc, and the usual white caps in wheat and cracking of canary thanks
                      Last edited by the big wheel; Jul 28, 2024, 07:54.

Comment

One of the first changes I make, a less violent throw, more back and forth and less up down. Just remember to move not just the block but also the top of the hanger to the other side of the bracket. Pull the belts and roll it over by hand to make sure you have done it correctly.
                        Last edited by biglentil; Jul 28, 2024, 08:13.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                          One of the first changes I make, a less violent throw, more back and forth and less up down. Just remember to move not just the block but also the top of the arm to the other side of the bracket. Pull the belts and roll it over by hand to make sure you have done it correctly.
                          Which rotor do you prefer small or large tube?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

Which rotor do you prefer small or large tube?
                            Good question all of our machines have been the large tube rotor never tried a small tube.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...