• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola production estimate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down $45 already this morning. They must think it’s even bigger than originally estimated.

Comment

No, its China responding to tariffs we put on EV's and other products

Comment

I could kick Trudeau right in the nuts! A very small percentage of the population want a EV and to anger a large/finiky trading partner over something so small is insane.

Comment

Let the trade wars begin China also announced a possible duty on Canadian chemicals. Gonna phone local ag retailer to see how much they dropped

Comment

Dollar here dollar there won’t affect me. Didn’t grow any this yr … thankfully!
            Most here is maybe 10, some lower so an uptick won’t do much for the pocket books. Crop insurance will pay the bills this yr.

The places I thought had 50-60 canola are 30-35 at best. Friend of my brothers is in one of these areas.

By Jan - Feb the crooks will realize things weren’t so rosey.

Comment

I knew that Trudope’s tariffs announcement would come back to haunt us, but a $45.00 drop in canola futures is pretty steep. Hoping this drop will create more demand but don’t expect prices will rebound until at least January. This crop is getting smaller every day as we get into harvest but grain buyers won’t step up until harvest is over and farmers sell to cover bills this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg364 View Post
                I could kick Trudeau right in the nuts! A very small percentage of the population want a EV and to anger a large/finiky trading partner over something so small is insane.
                Politics - and your vote in western Canada doesn't matter

Comment

North American auto makers would be decimated. Like this plug in hybrid with a 2000km range for $19500usd. Unfortunately the reason Chinese products have filled our shelves is because consumers prefer them.

Last edited by biglentil; Sep 3, 2024, 07:26.

Comment

Multi faceted question. Do we want a Canadian auto industry? But an even bigger question is how did the Chinese het 12-15 years ahead of us on electric car and battery development when Western leaders have been pushing the green narrative down our throat since the early 2000’s? Or are our energy choices being dictated by China, a country that relies on coal for much of it’s electricity?

As for blaming Trudeau, as pointed out by Larry Poilievre is on the same page on the tariff issue because he is after the union vote.

Regardless the price of canola will be depressed for a period of time while this is sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                      Multi faceted question. Do we want a Canadian auto industry? But an even bigger question is how did the Chinese het 12-15 years ahead of us on electric car and battery development when Western leaders have been pushing the green narrative down our throat since the early 2000’s? Or are our energy choices being dictated by China, a country that relies on coal for much of it’s electricity?
                      Um cause china has had all the blueprints for years. Their hacking skills are just that much better than most. And a lot of information is just freely given when companies are sourcing stuff.

Comment

Edison motors brought some more light how this green energy works. It’s all a scam.

Comment

So they try to save an already failed EV auto industry and a battery plant in Ontario that’s to employ a bunch of foreign workers while decimating western Canada farmers

sounds par for the course

Comment

Trudeau , Freeland and Signh most likely all high fives this morning just giggling how this is turning out

Comment

I’m sure Trudeau will bring us some “free” donuts like he did for the union steel plant workers in Ontario and tell us just how hard he’s working for us.

Comment

Even with a smaller crop its a billion dollar hit to farmers on canola alone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...