• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill C 293

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill C 293

[url]https://www.linkedin.com/posts/lisa-m-82b3165_does-the-ag-community-in-canada-know-about-activity-7225571532897423360-jfPl?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop[/url]

When you read this bill, claiming the brand of environmental farmers and using data to defend producing beef, chicken, and pork may begin to look worth defending by individuals and ag associations, even the provinces.

It is in the Senate now, without a peep.

Reading this made my eyes bleed.
    I agree to be at the table prevents you from being on the table.
    But for how long?
    This bill as worded puts everything on the table regardless of any compliance.
    Disgusting.
    Provinces need to fight back with Right to Farm type legislation??
    Ottawa is amok.

Comment

I cant link it.

Comment

[url]https://www.parl.ca/legisinfo/en/bill/44-1/c-293[/url]

You may have to be a member of Linkedin to see this comment. You can read the bill and see its status above. It gives authority for action on any necessary measure for health measures impacted by climate and agriculture, ie; bird flu and beef.

Read the bill.

We live in an agricultural province, pay ag representatives millions of dollars in checks off, and a lawyer from Ontario is the first to flag this. This is unbelievable.

We need a right-to-farm bill, and every farmer should call their elected ag directors, the MP, MLA, and RM council regarding this horrendous oversight.

We know the NDP will back the Liberals on this carte blanch legislation, so call the Saskatchewan NDP, too.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Reading this made my eyes bleed.
          I agree to be at the table prevents you from being on the table.
          But for how long?
          This bill as worded puts everything on the table regardless of any compliance.
          Disgusting.
          Provinces need to fight back with Right to Farm type legislation??
          Ottawa is amok.
          Frightening. WHO Pandemic treaty is a treaty which removes national sovereignty on health care in the case of a pandemic or in conditions where a pandemic is to be avoided. Canada supports this we have been told. This is a treaty. The treaties are a treaty.

Comment

• (l) after consultation with the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, the Minister of Industry and provincial governments, provide for measures to
              • (i) reduce the risks posed by antimicrobial resistance,
              • (ii) regulate commercial activities that can contribute to pandemic risk, including industrial animal agriculture,
              • (iii) promote commercial activities that can help reduce pandemic risk, including the production of alternative proteins, and
              • (iv) phase out commercial activities that disproportionately contribute to pandemic risk, including activities that involve high-risk species;
            • (m) include the following information, to be provided by the Minister of the Environment:
              • (i) after consultation with relevant provincial ministers, a summary of changes in land use in Canada, including in relation to disturbed habitats, that could contribute to pandemic risk, such as deforestation, encroachment on wildlife habitats and urbanization and that were made, in the case of the first plan, since the last report on changes in land use published under the Federal Sustainable Development Act or, in the case of the updated plans, during the reporting period for the updated plan,
              • (ii) a summary of the measures the Minister of the Environment intends to take to reduce the risk that the commercial wildlife trade in Canada and abroad will lead to a pandemic, including measures to regulate or phase out live animal markets, and
              • \

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
              [url]https://www.parl.ca/legisinfo/en/bill/44-1/c-293[/url]

You may have to be a member of Linkedin to see this comment. You can read the bill and see its status above. It gives authority for action on any necessary measure for health measures impacted by climate and agriculture, ie; bird flu and beef.

Read the bill.

We live in an agricultural province, pay ag representatives millions of dollars in checks off, and a lawyer from Ontario is the first to flag this. This is unbelievable.

We need a right-to-farm bill, and every farmer should call their elected ag directors, the MP, MLA, and RM council regarding this horrendous oversight.

We know the NDP will back the Liberals on this carte blanch legislation, so call the Saskatchewan NDP, too.
              I am a linklen member, all your pastes just send me on a wild Google search of gibberish.

Comment

[url]https://www.linkedin.com/posts/lisa-m-82b3165_does-the-ag-community-in-canada-know-about-activity-7225571532897423360-jfPl?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop[/url]

Comment

A hour later. [url]https://www.parl.ca/legisinfo/en/bill/44-1/c-29[/url]

Comment

Forgive a pensioner I am still stupid .

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
                      Your links only make searches to me , gibberish Google tell me nothing.

Comment

Sometimes simply googling the bill.
                        Bill C-293 and away you go.

Comment

So I see my link is garbage. And the mods wonder why the rats are leaving the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            Sometimes simply googling the bill.
                            Bill C-293 and away you go.
                            I did that, forgive me but I understand none of it.

Comment

First Session, Forty-fourth Parliament,

70-71 Elizabeth II – 1-2 Charles III, 2021-2022-2023-2024
                              HOUSE OF COMMONS OF CANADA
                              BILL C-293
                              An Act respecting pandemic prevention and preparedness
                              AS PASSED
                              BY THE HOUSE OF COMMONS
                              June 5, 2024
                              SUMMARY

This enactment enacts the Pandemic Prevention and Preparedness Act to require the Minister of Health to establish, in consultation with other ministers, a pandemic prevention and preparedness plan, which is to include information provided by those ministers.

It also amends the Department of Health Act to provide that the Minister of Health must appoint a national pandemic prevention and preparedness coordinator from among the officials of the Public Health Agency of Canada to coordinate the activities under the Pandemic Prevention and Preparedness Act.
                              Available on the House of Commons website at the following address:
                              [url]www.ourcommons.ca[/url]
                              1st Session, 44th Parliament,

70-71 Elizabeth II – 1-2 Charles III, 2021-2022-2023-2024
                              HOUSE OF COMMONS OF CANADA
                              BILL C-293
                              An Act respecting pandemic prevention and preparedness
                              Preamble

Whereas the costs of prevention and preparedness measures are insignificant in comparison to the human and economic costs of a pandemic;

Whereas Parliament is committed to making efforts to prevent the risk of and prepare for future pandemics and to promote transparency and accountability in relation to those efforts;

Whereas it is critical to build on the lessons learned from previous outbreaks of serious diseases, including severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), Ebola virus disease (EVD), Zika virus disease, tuberculosis, H1N1 flu and coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19);

Whereas a One Health approach — a multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborative approach that focuses on the human, animal, plant and ecosystem health and welfare interface — is central to preventing the risk of future pandemics;

And whereas this approach requires sustained collaboration among various ministers, all levels of government and Indigenous communities;

Now, therefore, His Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows: Short Title

Short title

1 This Act may be cited as the Pandemic Prevention and Preparedness Act. Purpose of Act

Purpose

2 The purpose of this Act is to prevent the risk of and prepare for future pandemics and to promote transparency and accountability in relation to the Government of Canada’s efforts to do so. Pandemic Prevention and Preparedness Plan

Pandemic prevention and preparedness plan

3 (1) The Minister of Health must establish a pandemic prevention and preparedness plan. Plan — contents

(2) The pandemic prevention and preparedness plan must
                              • (a) set out a summary of mitigation strategies that the Minister of Health intends to implement in order to prevent the risk of and prepare for disease outbreaks that could lead to pandemics, as well as a projected timeline for their implementation;
                              • (b) identify the key drivers of pandemic risk and describe how Canadian activities, domestic and abroad, contribute to the risk;
                              • (c) ensure sustained collaboration between the Minister of Health and provincial governments and Indigenous communities in the development of the plan in order to align approaches and address any jurisdictional challenges, including with respect to the collection and sharing of data;
                              • (d) provide for training programs, including collaborative activities, with other levels of government, Indigenous communities and relevant agencies;
                              • (e) ensure that standards and guidelines that pertain to the prevention of and response to pandemic risk are aligned with the approach described in para­graph (3)‍(a);
                              • (f) describe the state of research in relation to preventing and responding to infectious diseases that could lead to pandemics;
                              • (g) provide for the establishment and interlinking of surveillance systems for infectious diseases in Canada and for infectious diseases of concern outside Canada;
                              • (h) support local public health and primary care capacity building;
                              • (i) identify preparedness strategies for public health services across Canada including in respect of
                                • (i) the protection of vulnerable and marginalized populations,
                                • (ii) working conditions of essential workers across all sectors,
                                • (iii) the availability and management of relevant stockpiles, including testing equipment and personal protective equipment,
                                • (iv) the surge capacity of human resources required for the testing and contact tracing of persons exposed to infectious diseases, and
                                • (v) communication of risk to the public;
                              • (j) provide for measures, including training, to increase the ability of healthcare workers in a range of settings to manage sudden and unexpected increases in patient volume;

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...