• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conspiracy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conspiracy

Well i see an inconvient truth won best documentry so even the academy is in on the hoax hey guys.

Did they create a new category, or is science fiction included?

“Chicken Little” didn’t win? The sky was falling in that “documentary” too, but I guess it didn’t have any big name stars.

Comment

Read the articles on the environment/deniers in the National Post archives.

Comment

You got me on that one cotton.

When I am looking for uncontradictory scientific proof no one holds a candle to the Academy Awards.

Everyone knows that no group of people on the face of the planet are more reality based than celebrities and Hollywood types.

I guess we should all now re-think Al Gore's statement about creating the internet.

Comment

From Mark Steyn,

" An Inconvenient Suit

Kathryn, I’m outraged to hear that Al Gore is going to the Oscars in Ralph Lauren. Isn’t he aware of how much of the world’s energy is used up pressing a full-length suit?

Why can’t he be as environmentally responsible as Cher and just wear a non-resource-depleting carbon-neutral sleeveless, backless, frontless, sideless, legless diaphanous pair of chiffon slivers that snake down his nipples, cross over his bikini wax and knot discreetly in his buttock cleavage.

That’s what anyone with a real care for the earth’s resources would do."

Comment

Thanks Parsley, I found them, the first is the series called “The Deniers” can be located at:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=22003a0d-37cc-4399-8bcc-39cd20bed2f6&k=0

Good articles, lots of “inconvenient truths”:

“When Wegman corrected Mann's statistical mistakes, the hockey stick disappeared”…..

“IPCC (International Panel for Climate Change, the UN body that is organizing the worldwide effort to combat global warming) 'coordinators' would go around insisting that criticism of models be toned down, and that 'motherhood' statements be inserted to the effect that models might still be correct despite the cited faults. Refusals were occasionally met with ad hominem attacks. I personally witnessed coauthors forced to assert their 'green' credentials in defense of their statements.”……

“Those who toe the party line are publicly praised and have grants ladled out to them from a funding pot that overflows with US$1.7-billion per year in the U.S. alone.”…..

“Scientists who dissent from the alarmism have seen their grant funds disappear, their work derided, and themselves libeled as industry stooges, scientific hacks or worse. Consequently, lies about climate change gain credence even when they fly in the face of the science that supposedly is their basis."…….

Not surprisingly, Tennekes abhors the dogma that he feels characterizes the climate-change establishment, and the untoward role of climate science in public-policy making. "We only understand 10% of the climate issue. That is not enough to wreck the world economy with Kyoto-like measures."

Comment

Fran,Farm ranger have you even watched it?
              It took parsly a month to finally watch it but she wasnt afraid to make comment after comment before she actually did.
              I can not believe the level of ignorance around this issue.
              Go ahead guys throw trash out of your car window,someone will clean it up for you.

Comment

Cottonpicken,

The best way to solve this problem... is to do everything within our OWN power to change.

Manufacture at home.

Stop exporting and importing products and services.

Move as little as possible... conserve energy.

THis is all because of those stupid Monster Truck Shows, and NASCAR races!

Outlaw all Airplanes... license cars and issue fines if cars don't contain at least 3 people in any urban area...! All single trailer trucks are outlawed... and superbees only half loaded must pay a fine!

Comment

Isnt the "Academy" world renown for it scientific expertise?

Comment

Jay-mo;

Lately Hollywood is Especially convincing, that, good is bad, and bad is good!

I like this one the best!

"Lawrence Solomon, Financial Post
                    Published: Friday, February 02, 2007
                    January 26, 2007

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=edae9952-3c3e-47ba-913f-7359a5c7f723&k=0

Climate change is a much, much bigger issue than the public, politicians, and even the most alarmed environmentalists realize. Global warming extends to Mars, where the polar ice cap is shrinking, where deep gullies in the landscape are now laid bare, and where the climate is the warmest it has been in decades or centuries.

"One explanation could be that Mars is just coming out of an ice age," NASA scientist William Feldman speculated after the agency's Mars Odyssey completed its first Martian year of data collection. "In some low-latitude areas, the ice has already dissipated." With each passing year more and more evidence arises of the dramatic changes occurring on the only planet on the solar system, apart from Earth, to give up its climate secrets.

NASA's findings in space come as no surprise to Dr. Habibullo Abdussamatov at Saint Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory. Pulkovo -- at the pinnacle of Russia's space-oriented scientific establishment -- is one of the world's best equipped observatories and has been since its founding in 1839. Heading Pulkovo's space research laboratory is Dr. Abdussamatov, one of the world's chief critics of the theory that man-made carbon dioxide emissions create a greenhouse effect, leading to global warming.

"Mars has global warming, but without a greenhouse and without the participation of Martians," he told me. "These parallel global warmings -- observed simultaneously on Mars and on Earth -- can only be a straightline consequence of the effect of the one same factor: a long-time change in solar irradiance."

The sun's increased irradiance over the last century, not C02 emissions, is responsible for the global warming we're seeing, says the celebrated scientist, and this solar irradiance also explains the great volume of C02 emissions.

"It is no secret that increased solar irradiance warms Earth's oceans, which then triggers the emission of large amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. So the common view that man's industrial activity is a deciding factor in global warming has emerged from a misinterpretation of cause and effect relations."

Dr. Abdussamatov goes further, debunking the very notion of a greenhouse effect. "Ascribing 'greenhouse' effect properties to the Earth's atmosphere is not scientifically substantiated," he maintains. "Heated greenhouse gases, which become lighter as a result of expansion, ascend to the atmosphere only to give the absorbed heat away."

The real news from Saint Petersburg -- demonstrated by cooling that is occurring on the upper layers of the world's oceans -- is that Earth has hit its temperature ceiling. Solar irradiance has begun to fall, ushering in a protracted cooling period beginning in 2012 to 2015. The depth of the decline in solar irradiance reaching Earth will occur around 2040, and "will inevitably lead to a deep freeze around 2055-60" lasting some 50 years, after which temperatures will go up again.

Because of the scientific significance of this period of global cooling that we're about to enter, the Russian and Ukrainian space agencies, under Dr. Abdussamatov's leadership, have launched a joint project to determine the time and extent of the global cooling at mid-century. The project, dubbed Astrometry and given priority space-experiment status on the Russian portion of the International Space Station, will marshal the resources of spacecraft manufacturer Energia, several Russian research and production centers, and the main observatory of Ukraine's Academy of Sciences. By late next year, scientific equipment will have been installed in a space-station module and by early 2009, Dr. Abdussamatov's space team will be conducting a regular survey of the sun.

With the data, the project will help mankind cope with a century of falling temperatures, during which we will enter a mini ice age.

"There is no need for the Kyoto Protocol now. It does not have to come into force until at least 100 years from now," Dr. Abdussamatov concluded. "A global freeze will come about regardless of whether or not industrialized countries put a cap on their greenhouse- gas emissions."

Lawrence Solomon@nextcity.com

Comment

cp,

I have been a conservationist all my life. Farmers are naturally environmentalists because they know that healthy soil makes them money.

I grew up in an era that lived & breathed recycling. Batteries were all take to a central station, wool was all taken to Brandon Woolen mills, recycles and respun, grain, every speck from the fanning mill was fed to livestock or poultry, every farm was a recycle centre. Even the scrap metal was shipped out during WWII to help build war machinery.

Even butchering was often co-operative and a community venture as fresh meat was not the nearest deli away.

Arbor day(look it up)was a yearly event CP.

You are preaching to an already converted farm community here. You really can't think that Al Gore invented the idea of environmentalism, do you? If you do, you'll also think Anna Nicole thingamabobby was a Hollywood appointment to head up CO2 emmissions.

Scientific opinions are just that...opinions, and while I agree with and do my part at environmentalisticalism, I have to say that gorisms like "The Sky is Falling" just doesn't do it for me.

It made him money and made him feel good, but it's a passed-on opinion that falls short of yet credible.

Comment

ps cp

You are living in the age where scientists piddle on your leg and tell you it's raining, because that is what they are paid to tell you.

Adjust.

Use your own mind. It is your most valuable asset/tool.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley CP;

I think we should be much more concerned about the Russian, Chinese, Iranian, Turkish, and US military buildup in the eastern-middle-east... and Iranian insistance to blow Isreal to Kingdom Come.

In my small mind... it will be a miracle if we make it through 2007... without Iran trying to pull this off.

http://www.jvim.com/ "Global News"

"'DEVASTATING RESPONSE' IF IRAN NUKES ATTACKED

February 26, 2007

WorldNetDaily.com reports: “Iran is anticipating a U.S. or Israeli military strike on its nuclear facilities and has been providing Palestinian terrorists and other regional allies with contingency plans for attacks against the Jewish state and American regional interests in the event of war, according to Palestinian terrorist leaders.

A senior leader of the Islamic Jihad terror group, which Israel says is backed by Iran, told WND Tehran is expecting to be attacked, but he didn't provide a time frame in which Iran anticipates a strike.

He claimed during any attack his organization has been directed by Iran to ‘wreck havoc’ on Israel with suicide bombings, rocket attacks and ‘special surprises.’ He said rocket attacks would be launched from both the Gaza Strip and from the West Bank, which borders Jerusalem.

He threatened his terror group will target American interests in the Middle East whether any purported strike against Tehran is carried out by Israel or the U.S.

‘The Zionists and the Americans are coordinated 100 percent. It doesn't matter who attacks Iran, we are planning to hit them both,’ said the Islamic Jihad leader, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he said the topic was ‘very sensitive.’

He said overall Islamic Jihad leader Ramadan Shallah has been coordinating war plans with Iran, Syria and the Iranian-backed Hezbollah Lebanese militia. Shallah resides in Damascus and travels frequently to Tehran.

Abu Ahmed, the northern West Bank chief of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades terror organization, told WND all major Palestinian militant organizations are preparing to work together in the event Iran is attacked…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what risk management strategy do we apply to our farm inputs and grain sales to cover off this situation CP?

I have heard even many Democrats are privately agreeing with a US Draft for 100,000 more troops.

Comment

I'm not "up" on all the different arguments around climate change like some of you but Cottenpicken, here's a direct reference to Gore's movie:

Gore says once Greenland sheds its ice, the oceans will rise 20 feet.

The UN (IPCC) says 8 to 18 inches.

So, why is Gore's movie so important? Is it good science? No. One reason - it's bringing attention to the issue by the masses who haven't a clue about the environment. And climate change or no climate change, that's not a bad thing.

Comment

CP, what’s with the strawman, having questions about Y2Kyoto claims means that we automatically throw garbage out the window? By the same logic, maybe you should stop stealing candy from children because you support the Kyoto wealth transfer scheme.

I am planning on watching that movie eventually, but the waiting list at the library is pretty long. If you read those National Post articles cited above, you’d do yourself a service. In the meantime, there are a few questions that need answering.

Why are there huge financial incentives to go with the UN flow, and professional harassment of “deniers”?

The biggest most glaring question I have is – If greenhouse gases are as serious a problem as what we are told by (approved) UN scientists, fruit fly biologists and Al Gore, why are China and India exempted from Kyoto emissions targets? Only CO2 produced in the west harms the atmosphere???
                              A rational person would have to ask the question - is it a global crisis that needs immediate action or not? If it’s not serious enough to curtail everyone’s greenhouse gas production, why are we in such a hurry to ruin our own economy via Kyoto. If belching out those millions of tonnes of CO2 is so bad, why are we going to send money to developing nations so that they can spend that money to belch out CO2.

Methinks something smells rotten in the state of Denmark.

I’d rather see money spent on real conservation measures in our own country, that are measurable and effective.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...