• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday week 19

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an observation if a 125hp tractor new was $17000 in 1977 and now 47 years later a new 125hp tractor is $150k. Assuming the same 5% rate of inflation what will a 125hp tractor cost in 47 years?

Answer: $1,415,138.73

Thing is the inflation of the money supply is rapidly accelerating. So will a 125hp tractor be $5m, $10m, a $100m? Who knows? The sky is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      Just an observation if a 125hp tractor new was $17000 in 1977 and now 47 years later a new 125hp tractor is $150k. Assuming the same 5% rate of inflation what will a 125hp tractor cost in 47 years?

Answer: $1,415,138.73

Thing is the inflation of the money supply is rapidly accelerating. So will a 125hp tractor be $5m, $10m, a $100m? Who knows? The sky is the limit.
      And wheat will still be 6 bucks a bushel.

Comment

Took a drive to Kipling to watch ball. Cereals and pulses look real good. Can’t say the same for canola.

Comment

Nice cereals here , but reports of very small shriveled kernels and empty heads in lighter soils

Comment

4,5,feed, and even sample durum, horrible test weights.
            Wheat is the same. If you are harvesting in first wk of Aug someone please tell me with a straight face this crop is HUGE.

It’s an absolute joke how the crooks can say this is a whopper.

Peas coming off are 3 Can due to small shrivelled.

Canola will be 4-6, and pepper.

The worst thing …. It won’t hail!!!

Comment

But the satellites showed a huge crop a month ago .
              will be interesting to see next crop report and yield estimates.

Comment

Beans are under $10, corn under $4.First time since 2021 beans have been below $10. Sad thing we follow these markets. Barley will be below $4 real soon if corn keeps dropping.

Comment

Just like the shingles commercial. The market doesn't care.

Comment

What is the situation with corn imports this year?
                    Did the buyers assume there was a good crop coming in western Canada earlier this year and not book as many trains of corn as during last years drought?

Earlier this summer I was thinking with an abundant barley crop coming, barley would regain market share in the feed bunk.

Comment

Imagine these corn import pipelines being pretty much established will not go away anytime soon. Even ethanol plants supposed to run on wheat if they could get enough corn at the right price would shift.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                        Imagine these corn import pipelines being pretty much established will not go away anytime soon. Even ethanol plants supposed to run on wheat if they could get enough corn at the right price would shift.
                        you would be correct. We are a 100% wheat designed etoh plant that has switched over to corn and now BLEND with small amounts of wheat. Bring in corn from Manitoba/state side.

Comment

Corn is just easier to feed, yields more ethanol per tonne, easier to make ethanol with, and corn ddg’s more common than wheat ddg’s so market for it more established. Being a fair bit north here compared to feedlot alley, enough corn is railed in to local ethanol plant, and justly when feed grains were tight it made more sense for cow guys to buy corn instead of high priced barley. Only barley I grow goes through my cows.

Comment

Looking for some advice. Have 1200 ac of canola that’s at 60% color change. It’s pod shatter so i really do want to swath.There is some weed pressure mostly around low ground. Should I spray reglone, rup with heat , or rup with lv 700. I don’t have any experience with post harvest on canola. Crop I estimate will yield around 35 so is worth spending some money to get it in the bin.

Comment

correction, i dont want to swath

Comment

Liberty tolerant canola?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...