• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early harvest weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early harvest weather

Very good conditions for early harvest , although probably too dry in areas started .
    some lentils started just east of NB
    we should be about a week to 10 days on lentils , peas then wheat
    no canola swathed yet but some early fields changing very quickly now
    I still thinking canola yields will not make 35 ave vrs the 42 stats Can estimates

Some are going hard on lentils here. We will be dessicating starting Monday or Tuesday night.

I booked chemical to preharvest the canola. But may be able to skip that on most fields.

Comment

LEP all Liberty Link? Your pre-harvest treatment of choice? Unfortunately due to the weed spectrum on my canola land this year I have all RR canola. Never have seen good results from heat so going to swath. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        LEP all Liberty Link? Your pre-harvest treatment of choice? Unfortunately due to the weed spectrum on my canola land this year I have all RR canola. Never have seen good results from heat so going to swath. Am I wrong?
        Not at all , only other viable option is liberty on RR canola , but need lots of water to be effective

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Very good conditions for early harvest , although probably too dry in areas started .
          some lentils started just east of NB
          we should be about a week to 10 days on lentils , peas then wheat
          no canola swathed yet but some early fields changing very quickly now
          I still thinking canola yields will not make 35 ave vrs the 42 stats Can estimates
          There’s a few canola fields around me that might be lucky to hit double digits.

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
            There’s a few canola fields around me that might be lucky to hit double digits.
            Been there the past 3 out 4 years , not fun

Comment

In 2021 that was 3/4 of our canola
              5-12 bus ac .
              had big areas less than 5

Comment

Yes. We use heat with minimum 10 gallons of water. The crop is still slow coming in, but definitely evens it up. I have been able to combine dry on sprayed fields and then gone to unsprayed and seen a 1.5 % jump in moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by ronski View Post
                  what would you guys estimate this as?
                  5 bushels or even lower

Comment

Don't forget about Reglone. I used it on some acres last year, and was impressed at how well it went through the combine. Faster and more consistent than Heat.
                    The downside is more dollars and more water.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
                      What would you guys estimate this as?
                      Is that a local picture from the Red Deer lacombe area? Or did someone send you that? Is that representative?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Is that a local picture from the Red Deer lacombe area? Or did someone send you that? Is that representative?
                        It is very sandy ground between highway 2 and 2A north of Blackfalds. About 70 % of the quarter is like that the rest is just kind of shitty. No subsoil going in this spring, it looked great and was coming into full bloom when the heat hit. Completely ran out of gas about the 10th of July and has been downhill since.

Comment

Im struggling with peas here at the moment. Stand is phenomenal, and under better conditions, should have been yielding somewhere in the mid to high 40s if not even low 50s. Theres nothing here but fluff. D r aper header is struggling to keep the garbage on the canvases and feed it up the throat as it just bounces around. Luckily at least there hasnt been much wind the last few days as I've seen it blow stuff like this right off the header. Tried hooking onto the flex auger that usually gets hooked onto the other combine and the auger fingers just cant seem to bring the fluff in at the speed that you need to keep the combine even 70% loaded.

Oddly enough, hills and mid ground are probably yielding the best, with the low ground being up to my chest almost with next to nothing coming into the tank. The pods are there, in the low spots, but they never filled. Looks like the best field will do 20-22, but its all downhill from there. I expect we'll be in the low double digits on the last few fields.

Neighbors that I've heard from are anywhere from mid single digits, to mid 20s with a few that caught lottery showers managing into the 40s. those are rare. Most in the teens and low 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                            Im struggling with peas here at the moment. Stand is phenomenal, and under better conditions, should have been yielding somewhere in the mid to high 40s if not even low 50s. Theres nothing here but fluff. D r aper header is struggling to keep the garbage on the canvases and feed it up the throat as it just bounces around. Luckily at least there hasnt been much wind the last few days as I've seen it blow stuff like this right off the header. Tried hooking onto the flex auger that usually gets hooked onto the other combine and the auger fingers just cant seem to bring the fluff in at the speed that you need to keep the combine even 70% loaded.

Oddly enough, hills and mid ground are probably yielding the best, with the low ground being up to my chest almost with next to nothing coming into the tank. The pods are there, in the low spots, but they never filled. Looks like the best field will do 20-22, but its all downhill from there. I expect we'll be in the low double digits on the last few fields.

Neighbors that I've heard from are anywhere from mid single digits, to mid 20s with a few that caught lottery showers managing into the 40s. those are rare. Most in the teens and low 20s.
                            I believe most crops will reflect the shower lottery. Even within fields.

No subsoil moisture does that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...